Community

Username and number change.

Started by: tinajonesnewquay
On: 25/12/2013 | 17:50
Replies: 6

Go to best answer
by: tinajonesnewquay
on: 25/12/2013 | 17:50

Can I change a user name and number on a sim that was ordered for my daughter, because she used another one?

Message 1 of 7
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
by: heisenberg007
on: 25/12/2013 | 17:56
Sorry once you have activated your sim with a chosen username it can not be changed, you can though have your number changed by clicking link below
http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Help-Ask-the-community-got-stuck/What-to-do-if-you-receive-Nuisance...
click to get a free giffgaff Sim with £5 credit
Message 4 of 7
Highlighted
by: kylie_ysyeng19
on: 25/12/2013 | 17:53

Hi tina, unfortunately you cannot change the username on an activated giffgaff SIM

If your daughter has not activated the SIM, dont worry. You havent spent any money and giffgaff SIMs are always free. You can keep it as a spare, bin it or do whatever you want with it.

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 2 of 7
by: andy_uk1
on: 25/12/2013 | 17:53
Unfortunately not...
Message 3 of 7
by: heisenberg007
on: 25/12/2013 | 17:56
Sorry once you have activated your sim with a chosen username it can not be changed, you can though have your number changed by clicking link below
http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Help-Ask-the-community-got-stuck/What-to-do-if-you-receive-Nuisance...
click to get a free giffgaff Sim with £5 credit
Message 4 of 7
by: mrkhatri
on: 25/12/2013 | 17:59
hi Tina, welcome to giffgaff unfortunately you cannot change your username but you and simply make a new account and activate a new sim you will get a new number..

If my answer helped you please 'Accept as a Solution'' and/or say thanks with a 'Kudos' or click the 'Orange Star' next to Reply.

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 5 of 7
by: tinajonesnewquay
on: 25/12/2013 | 18:04

The sim wasn't activated by my daughter, I activated it, but it was ordered for her and has her username on the paperwork, she used another one we had at home, is it still not useable?

Message 6 of 7
by: kylie_ysyeng19
on: 25/12/2013 | 18:11

Hi tina, you can use the SIM of course

If it has already been activated as long as you have credit you can use it

To recover the username you can text the word "USERNAME" to 43430 

You can then reset your password by following the link on the login page if you need to purchase a goodybag

The SIM is still useable of course unless it has been inactive for more than 6 months

You can use the allocated number but if you wish you can be allocated a new number. You will have to ask the agents for that and will require a £10 topup

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 7 of 7