Community

Using GiffGaff in India

Started by: shankar4ramamoorthy
On: 14/08/2019 | 02:39
Replies: 5

by: shankar4ramamoorthy
on: 14/08/2019 | 02:39 edited: 14/08/2019 | 09:55

Hi 

If i forward my UK gg number to a uk number that is used to make cheap international call to India,  what is the cost of such a forward?  My gg sim will be in India at this time. I will receive any calls from UK to my UK gg number on an india sim phone.

So a UK caller dials my UK gg number which is Forwarded to a UK landline. This UK landline triggers the call to the India mobile number which i receive in india. 

So will this save me from goody bag top up charge of £1/min because my gg number is forwarded to a uk landline?

Kindly advise

Thank you 

Shankar 

Message 1 of 6
by: jaymailsays
on: 14/08/2019 | 03:18 edited: 14/08/2019 | 03:19

@shankar4ramamoorthy 

Couldn't you direct your calls from your gg sim to an Indian mobile at 2p/minute?

Assuming the sim is not in a device.

https://giffgaff.com/international

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 2 of 6
on: 14/08/2019 | 03:41

Hi jaymailsays

Nicely replied. Yes this is possible. Your assumption.. Sim not in device

...my gg sim will not be in the Indian device. The indian device will have india sim to which i will fwd my uk gg calls.

I will shut down mobile data of gg sim when I am in india. Please confirm Even then the call fowarding will work?

Thanks 

Shankar 

Message 3 of 6
Highlighted
by: jaymailsays
on: 14/08/2019 | 03:54

@shankar4ramamoorthy 

Yes it certainly should.

Can you test it, by forwarding to another Indian number?

If you hear a ringing tone, it works! Just hang up before it connects.

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 4 of 6
on: 19/08/2019 | 01:34
@jaymailsays- the method you suggested did not work. The person calling me from UK said there were three tones when they called me and the line went dead. Now I have forwarded my UK GG sim to a UK landline which is cheap call service to the india mobile. This works well. and i can receive calls from UK on the India sim on diff handset.
Conditions when I tried your method- My UK Sim GG had mobile data turned off. This message just to inform that your suggestion did not work.
Message 5 of 6