Community

Using credit after goodybag expires

Started by: the_u15
On: 12/02/2019 | 15:35
Replies: 10

by: the_u15
on: 12/02/2019 | 15:35

Hiya!

My goody bag expires tomorrow and I didn't recur it. Will I be able to use the credit that I have as pay as you go?

Message 1 of 11
by: weelesleymc
on: 12/02/2019 | 15:36

@the_u15 wrote:

Hiya!

My goody bag expires tomorrow and I didn't recur it. Will I be able to use the credit that I have as pay as you go?

certainly @the_u15

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 2 of 11
by: unftlaty
on: 12/02/2019 | 15:38

@the_u15 wrote:

Hiya!

Yes or simply start your new Goodybag today as long as you have less than 100mb data or calls left of the old one the option to start another early will appear in  your online account

Order a SIM to join Giffgaff and you'll get £5 extra credit when you activate with £10 or more.

https://www.giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/unftlaty?ggSMS=app
Message 3 of 11
by: dmgipad001
on: 12/02/2019 | 15:40
Yes when your goodybag expires you just use airtime credit.
Message 4 of 11
by: ellebae
on: 12/02/2019 | 15:43
Hi why not buy a new goodybag today for next month if your goodybag expires tomorrow.
If you have less than 100 minutes 100MB or 100 txts left in your goodybag.
also why not have a goodybag to recurr every month
click on link below
https://giffgaff.com/profile/payment-details

Set your goodybag to recur so you don't have to remember each month.
Recur your selected goodybag
go down to recurring goodybag click on the one you wish to start and save

Hope this helps you
Please remember to select "Best Answer" and give thanks to those who helped by clicking Kudos!
Message 5 of 11
Highlighted
by: jt_21
on: 12/02/2019 | 16:29

@the_u15 wrote:

Hiya!

@the_u15 Yes of course you can, in fact   Seeing as you won't have a goodybag it will default to pay as you go prices here 

http://giffgaff.com/index/pricing If you are ok paying separately for everything then leave the goodybag to expire, but if you would like to recur the goodybag you have now (or change to a different one) head to https://giffgaff.com/profile/payment-details#goodybagsettings to recur (a payment method needs to on account) fo this by 7.30pm Tomorrow, OR you could set up a QUEUED goodybag to start straight after the one you have , you can buy this now if you wanted to and it will simply queue up ready to start straight after the current one expires (money is taken from AIRTIME CREDIT BALANCE when you queue, so you may or may not have enough money to cover the goodybag cost, but you can always add to the balance... minimum £10) other than that, you can just buy a goodybag when you feel you need one but bear in mind you WILL be on pay as you go rates with no goodybag in place (be sure to switch of mobile data or wi-fi assist if you have this feature otherwise it will munch up data at 5p per mb) , hope this helps 🙂

Message 6 of 11
by: scottbloodworth1985
on: 12/02/2019 | 17:34
hi the_u15
yes can use pay as go it cost 15p
8p voicemail
5p text message
i hope that help
cheer scott
Message 7 of 11
by: mrsgrowler
on: 12/02/2019 | 18:37

@the_u15 wrote:

Hiya!

It doesn’t matter if you don’t use recur @the_u15 

You can buy a bag manually whenever you like.

If still have a live bag but want one lined up ready to start either when the old one expires or you want to start it early you can use the queued goodybag option

See here for details

https://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Solve-your-questions/Guide-to-queued-goodybags/ta-p/3513321

Or if you don’t need another bag for a day or two then you can wait until then but with the knowledge that have credit just in case an emergency occurs and you HAVE to make a call.

I often do this, my last bag expired on Sat 9th Feb but as I knew I wasn’t going to need to use one on Sunday - I have wifi and a landline -didn’t get my next one till the Monday. But as I have some credit I knew if I needed to send a text I could.

Thank everybody you think deserves it by awarding Kudos. And give Best Answer to the post that has helped you the most
Message 8 of 11
by: insaneyln
on: 12/02/2019 | 18:43

@the_u15 wrote:

Hiya!

@the_u15; indeed, you will incur an expense using your airtime credit until you purchase a goodybag for local usage; airtime credit is utilised for international purpose, and you only relinquish it if the service was unued for a consecutive length of six months.

I hope this helps.

Message 9 of 11
by: hdavey17
on: 12/02/2019 | 19:24

You can still go ahead with a new goody bag. Recurring just means it automatically renews for you. As you haven’t chosen this you just need to purchase a goodybag as you did originally. 

You can do this via the app or by dialling 43430 free of charge. 

The goodybag is the most cost effective way to run your device with Giff Gaff. Being charge via your credit for calls/txts/data usage can be expensive. 

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 10 of 11