Community

Voice mail service

Started by: jacquey
On: 26/02/2018 | 14:52
Replies: 4

Go to best answer
by: jacquey
on: 26/02/2018 | 14:52

Any ideas why my voicemail service has suddenly stopped working and I am told I have insufficient funds ( my account is active and plenty of text, data, call left)?

Message 1 of 5
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
by: margaretcoulson
on: 26/02/2018 | 14:54

Hi there @jacquey

Are you dialling the correct voicemail access number for Giffgaff?  When you join giffgaff, your voicemail is automatically switched on. You can access it by dialling 443. You can switch it off by dialling 1626 and reactivate it by dialling 1616.

To reset your voicemail PIN text RESET to 802443. You'll then receive a text with a temporary 5-digit PIN. Call the voicemail from your giffgaff phone to then enter a new PIN.

There's more information regarding Giffgaff's Voicemail feature for you via this link https://giffgaff.com/support/calls-and-internet/vo and Learn more about voicemail features

VOICEMAIL PRICING

While in the UK, EU and select countries:

You're charged differently for calls to voicemail depending on whether your calls come from airtime credit or from a goodybag allowance.

You have no goodybag or call allowance - 8p per call from airtime credit.

You have a goodybag with call allowance - Your goodybag minutes will reduce by 1 minute per call.

When you're in any other country:

When you're out of the UK, EU and select countries, instead of the UK per call rate (above), you will be charged according to the roaming rate of the country you are in for a call to voicemail.

For the latest tariffs check the Roaming charges page.

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 3 of 5
by: gizmo420
on: 26/02/2018 | 14:53
@jacquey

Have your turned it off?

For Voicemail

Dial 443
To ENABLE voicemail, dial 1616
To DISABLE voicemail, dial 1626

More info
http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Using-giffgaff/Yo​ur-voicemail/ta-p/3521085

Voicemail costs 8p per call if you do not have a live goodybag or it will deduct 1 minute per call from your goodybag minutes allowance.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 2 of 5
by: margaretcoulson
on: 26/02/2018 | 14:54

Hi there @jacquey

Are you dialling the correct voicemail access number for Giffgaff?  When you join giffgaff, your voicemail is automatically switched on. You can access it by dialling 443. You can switch it off by dialling 1626 and reactivate it by dialling 1616.

To reset your voicemail PIN text RESET to 802443. You'll then receive a text with a temporary 5-digit PIN. Call the voicemail from your giffgaff phone to then enter a new PIN.

There's more information regarding Giffgaff's Voicemail feature for you via this link https://giffgaff.com/support/calls-and-internet/vo and Learn more about voicemail features

VOICEMAIL PRICING

While in the UK, EU and select countries:

You're charged differently for calls to voicemail depending on whether your calls come from airtime credit or from a goodybag allowance.

You have no goodybag or call allowance - 8p per call from airtime credit.

You have a goodybag with call allowance - Your goodybag minutes will reduce by 1 minute per call.

When you're in any other country:

When you're out of the UK, EU and select countries, instead of the UK per call rate (above), you will be charged according to the roaming rate of the country you are in for a call to voicemail.

For the latest tariffs check the Roaming charges page.

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 3 of 5
on: 26/02/2018 | 15:22
Thanks, resolved issue. For some reason the voice mail service number had to be entered under service provider. When I did this it told me that the service number had changed. Not sure why because it was working fine on Sunday. Thsnkd
Message 4 of 5
Highlighted
on: 26/02/2018 | 15:24
Thank you; it was the access number I needed to type in. Not sure why because the voice mail service has been working fine for the last year up until Sunday.
Message 5 of 5