Knowledge Base
Community

When you transfer an old number, does your current goodybag remain in the sim?

Started by: hjrfrq
On: 21/06/2016 | 18:06
Replies: 6

by: hjrfrq
on: 21/06/2016 | 18:06

I have just got a new sim and have a full goodybag. If i now, request to change the number of this sim to my old number, will that goodybag remain in the sim once the number is transferred?

Message 1 of 7
by: bengalknights
on: 21/06/2016 | 18:08
Hello everything remains as is except number
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 2 of 7
by: figment_uk

The goodybag is on your account, not the SIM, and it will still be available after you've transferred your number to giffgaff (although it will be removed temporarily to allow the transfer to take place.)

I do not work for giffgaff, so cannot check anything on your account. This is a public community - please do not post any personal info.
Message 3 of 7
by: spacefrog

yes,Only your number will change and any remaining goodybag / gigabag allowance and also any remaining credit will still be kept, you wont lose anything ok.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic src="https://giffgaff.com/styleguide/images/banner/02b_550x80.p
Message 4 of 7
by: soruk
on: 21/06/2016 | 18:09

hjrfrq wrote:

I have just got a new sim and have a full goodybag. If i now, request to change the number of this sim to my old number, will that goodybag remain in the sim once the number is transferred?

Yes.  It may appear to disappear while the transfer is taking place, but once the dust has settled, your balance and goodybag will be as they were on your account. Effectively, all that changes is your number.

Free SIM with £5 free on your first top-up
Tethering and Staying Within the Rules || How to giffgaff a Linux box || Huawei Ascend G300 voicemail || Roaming without Breaking the Bank
If I was helpful please give kudos (by clicking on the blue/green star on the right) and/or by pressing the 'Accept as solution' button. Thanks!
Message 5 of 7
by: nerakb
on: 21/06/2016 | 18:12

When you say you want to keep your old number,do you mean your old number from a different network provider and using a PAC?

If so,the only thing you will "lose" is the (giffgaff) number allocated to you upon activation of your giffgaff sim.

Your goodybag and/or airtime credit will remain on your account/sim.

Having said that,on the day of transfer,you'll notice that your (giffgaff) number,goodybag and/or airtime credit will disappear from your dashboard.Don't worry-this is normal.Once the transfer has fully completed,your (previous provider's) number,goodybag and/or airtime credit will appear on your dashboard.

Please remember to mark a post "Best Answer" which appropriately answers your question/query.Please remember to also award kudos to posts you've found helpful/useful.

Get a free giffgaff Sim

Message 6 of 7
by: jefflynn
on: 21/06/2016 | 18:19
Hi, you won't lose the goodybag so go ahead
Message 7 of 7