Community

Which a iPhone?

Started by: lddex
On: 23/08/2015 | 08:37
Replies: 9

Go to best answer
by: lddex
on: 23/08/2015 | 08:37

I know this has been answered before, but with what I feel no real answers to make a decision. 

"The plus is big so make sure you have big pockets" Smiley Very Happy while true and amusing not the answer I'm looking for. 

Can anyone give me pro's and cons of the 6 and 6 + I know they are the same apart from size and battery life and the battery life is pulling me to the plus but the size seems and price is a downside. I can easily get a 64g 6 for the price of a 16g Plus. 

So what would people reconmend. I would mainly be using it for phoning - emailing and my socal media apps. True, that if I had the bigger space Id prob start listneig to music again while running and get rid of my old Ipod and use the phone as my music player. 

Battery life is important to me, as I can spend most of the day out of the house and evening, as I am freelance and travel around a lot so need something light weight and easy to put in a pocket but slso need something that isn;t going to be low battery after 12 hours as I do tend to hammer the usage a lot. 

Also this is my first Iphone and move away from Andriod - and the Iphone will be the final piece in my Mac family but if I'm sending the price tag of £600 I want to make sure I'm getting the right phone. 

So all sensible suggestions welcome. Smiley Wink

Thanks. 

Message 1 of 10
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
by: timwilliams25
on: 23/08/2015 | 09:00

If you hammer the data usage then a big battery is a big bonus BUT if you then want it mainly for phoning and may also use it whilst jogging, then the 6 plus would to me seem rather bulky.

I would definately try and go along to an Apple store - or another shop which stocks both and get your hands on both models to see how they feel and how practical the larger of the two phone is.  It is all well and good having a phone with a better battery, but if it is too big to be practical, then might as well have not bothered.....

There are many links on the Internet for your same dilemna https://www.google.co.uk/?gws_rd=ssl#q=iphone+6+vs+6+plus but in my opinion, you need to get both phones in your hands to try before committing....

CLICK HERE to get a free £5 credit with this giffgaff Sim order. We all like something for free!
Message 7 of 10
by: natty88
on: 23/08/2015 | 08:43
personal i would stick with the normal I PHONE 6 as seems far better overall with perforance an battery life another idea is to look at solar powered covers to charge it this would be good as you say your out an about alot Smiley Sad hopefully this helps you but like any phone its personal choice what suits your needs an lifestyle
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 2 of 10
by: nigelbrooks
on: 23/08/2015 | 08:53

@lddex

Based solely on your need to have a battery that lasts I would not go anywhere near a 6.

The 6Plus has a significantly better standby and talk time (24 as opposed to 14 hours on 3G)

iOS 8.4.1 and 9 have not helped the '6' one bit in fact there are reported battery drain issues under the update.

Hope this helps

Get a free giffgaff Sim
I donate 100% of my SIM activation payback to charity, please help me boost the donation
Message 3 of 10
by: sarahmorton3
on: 23/08/2015 | 08:55

Hi,

I have an iPhone 6 and it's great. I can't compare it to a 6 plus because I have never used one. However, a couple of considerations for you:

1. Go into a local Apple Store that will have them both on display. Get hands on with both of them an see what you think then

2. The new iPhone/iPhones will be released next month. I think if it was me, I'd wait and see what the new ones are like first. Also, you might get the current ones cheaper once the new versions have come out!

Just a thought Smiley Happy

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 4 of 10
by: natty88
on: 23/08/2015 | 08:55
you could also look at the full specs an for reviews on both models here www.gsmarena.com to see what others think it may help you decide better @lddex
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 5 of 10
by: juwayriyahbibi
on: 23/08/2015 | 08:59
Well I Just recently got mySamsung note3 and i think its rreally Worth the money . for me personally the size of the can be as big as it can so the 'it wont fit in my pocket' thing would never be the case for meSmiley Winkits battery life is Amazing considering that it has such a large screen. Its got some really cool new features and good phone for internet users. So you might want to reconsider whether you should buy an IPhone or first stick to android instead Smiley Wink
Message 6 of 10
by: timwilliams25
on: 23/08/2015 | 09:00

If you hammer the data usage then a big battery is a big bonus BUT if you then want it mainly for phoning and may also use it whilst jogging, then the 6 plus would to me seem rather bulky.

I would definately try and go along to an Apple store - or another shop which stocks both and get your hands on both models to see how they feel and how practical the larger of the two phone is.  It is all well and good having a phone with a better battery, but if it is too big to be practical, then might as well have not bothered.....

There are many links on the Internet for your same dilemna https://www.google.co.uk/?gws_rd=ssl#q=iphone+6+vs+6+plus but in my opinion, you need to get both phones in your hands to try before committing....

CLICK HERE to get a free £5 credit with this giffgaff Sim order. We all like something for free!
Message 7 of 10
by: riodog
on: 23/08/2015 | 09:35
I find the iPhone 6 is fine for my purpose. I have an over 20 GB of music on the phone and still have lots of room on the 64 GB memory.
The battery life is fine and even with moderate use it will still last 2/3 days.
Message 8 of 10
by: lddex
on: 23/08/2015 | 09:56
Thanks everyone.
I've been in and out of the Apple store playing with them more times than I remember. Does GiffGaff have the same returns policy (within 7 days) as you are buying over the internet? Or does that only apply to the buying a contract?
Message 9 of 10
by: weeman
on: 23/08/2015 | 09:57

lddex wrote:

Thanks everyone.
I've been in and out of the Apple store playing with them more times than I remember. Does GiffGaff have the same returns policy (within 7 days) as you are buying over the internet? Or does that only apply to the buying a contract?

It's actually 14 days,not 7.Smiley Wink

George

Message 10 of 10