Knowledge Base
Community

Why I am getting No Service since opening my Giff Gaff account?

Started by: sboyd15
On: 21/01/2019 | 12:28
Replies: 3

by: sboyd15
on: 21/01/2019 | 12:28

21 January 2019

Why doesn't Giff Gaff pay a few people to answer questions directly from the phone service on line?  Banks do this, other phone service companies provide direct phone contact with Customer Service imagine that, not having to wait 5 days to get a problem with their phone service resolved?

I opened my account with Giff Gaff in December.  They were meant to transfer my old phone number over to my account with them.  They didn't.  I went back and spent ages on line getting my message across to one of these 'wait 5 days' customer service phone numbers.  Supposedly, my old number was finally put onto my Giff Gaff account on the 16th of January 2019.

I went into hospital last week.  I have had no phone service.  You can imagine my delight in an emergency not to be able to reach family and friends, let alone the hospital in England, and those in America about my situation.  Then I need to get quick medical attention with one of my children today, and yes you guessed it.  I still don't have phone service.  I want to know how billing is done?  I want to be sure I haven't been charged for my non-service from Giff Gaff this month of January.

I had hoped I could speak to a real live person at Giff Gaff today and just have them go on their software and correct the problem of me not getting me phone service from them.  I am very much regretting my phone service, or lack of it with Giff Gaff, apparantly, I should never have changed my phone service to them in the beginning.  But since it has been done.  Do you think there is any way to get my account billing, and phone service corrected and up and running properly.

The numbrer of people who have been trying to reach me has dropped me in all kinds of problems.  It doesn't matter that when I contact them by my land line phone that I have to explain it's my lack of new mobile phone service.

Please give me a suggestion on how I can get these issues resolved.  Have previous customers with Giff Gaff never complained about them not spending a bit more of their profits on customer service, even if we have to pay slightly more than they currently charge for their phone service.  In my case it would have been well worth the cost.  I've been a month and a half without a mobile phone service.

Over to those of you that know this system better.

Message 1 of 4
Highlighted
by: dez_d
community giff-staffer

on: 21/01/2019 | 16:32

Hello everyone,

Would anyone be able to provide @sboyd15 with some further help regarding their issue?

Regards

Dez

giffgaff Educator

Message 2 of 4
by: rebelyell
on: 21/01/2019 | 16:52
Is your transferred number showing on your dashboard here: https://giffgaff.com/dashboard

Did you restart your phone after the transfer?

Is giffgaff showing as the network operator on your phone? Do you have an active goodybag and/or credit?
Message 3 of 4
by: figment_uk
on: 21/01/2019 | 16:56

@sboyd15

Did you test the giffgaff SIM in your phone before requesting the number transfer? 

Is the number you transferred shown on your account? https://giffgaff.com/dashboard

What do you hear exactly if you call your own number from another phone? 

Does your phone show "giffgaff" as the provider?   Does it show a mobile signal (dots/bars)? 

If so, what do you see on your phone if you dial *100# ?

I do not work for giffgaff, so cannot check anything on your account. This is a public community - please do not post any personal info.
Message 4 of 4