Community

Why can't I change my member name?

Started by: bowzer15
On: 20/04/2019 | 23:32
Replies: 2

Go to best answer
by: bowzer15
on: 20/04/2019 | 23:32

I don't understand why I can't change my member name? How hard can it be to give us a tiny option to change it 😕

Message 1 of 3
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
by: timco
on: 21/04/2019 | 10:59

@bowzer15wrote:

I don't understand why I can't change my member name? How hard can it be to give us a tiny option to change it 😕

I know it seems daft that once registered you cannot change the name but this is the same with many forums, your member name is obviously linked to the forum, because it can cause major database issues.

It is always good to think long and hard before setting up a name as once the button is pressed you are stuck with it unless you open another account. Very similar to Ebay you cannot change your username there unless you start another account.

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 3 of 3
by: bladerunner929
on: 20/04/2019 | 23:36

@bowzer15 because it is unique to your account, its what makes your account separate from every other Giffgaff account that is registered, just like an email address, there can only be one of its kind. 

Message 2 of 3
Highlighted
by: timco
on: 21/04/2019 | 10:59

@bowzer15wrote:

I know it seems daft that once registered you cannot change the name but this is the same with many forums, your member name is obviously linked to the forum, because it can cause major database issues.

It is always good to think long and hard before setting up a name as once the button is pressed you are stuck with it unless you open another account. Very similar to Ebay you cannot change your username there unless you start another account.

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 3 of 3