Community

Wifi symbol just got small???

Started by: philipcutter
On: 23/07/2018 | 22:55
Replies: 3

Go to best answer
by: philipcutter
on: 23/07/2018 | 22:55

Just suddenly today,   my wifi symbol has become tiny.   Yesterday it was fine.    I haven't had a software update to change anything so don't know how or why this has occurred.

Just wondering if this has happened to anyone else?

I've looked through settings and can't find anything to do with changing these symbols.

I've also tried rebooting but still the same.

I'm using a Galaxy S7 Edge

Thanks

Message 1 of 4
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
by: blackfive460
on: 24/07/2018 | 08:44

@philipcutter

Although it's for the S8, this guide might help:

https://gadgetguideonline.com/s8/meaning-of-galaxy-s8-status-icons-and-notification-icons-in-samsung...

On a different handset I have seen a small wifi icon displayed when connected to wifi via a wifi extender rather than the normal icon when connected direct to the access point.

Message 2 of 4
Highlighted
by: blackfive460
on: 24/07/2018 | 08:44

@philipcutter

Although it's for the S8, this guide might help:

https://gadgetguideonline.com/s8/meaning-of-galaxy-s8-status-icons-and-notification-icons-in-samsung...

On a different handset I have seen a small wifi icon displayed when connected to wifi via a wifi extender rather than the normal icon when connected direct to the access point.

Message 2 of 4
by: nerakb
on: 24/07/2018 | 08:48

@philipcutter

As you're having a possible issue with your WiFi,have you tried rebooting your router? 

WiFi and mobile data are different. 

Please remember to mark a post "Best Answer" which appropriately answers your question/query.Please remember to also award kudos to posts you've found helpful/useful.

Get a free giffgaff Sim

Message 3 of 4
by: philipcutter
on: 24/07/2018 | 11:43

@blackfive460

Thanks for the helpful guide.

Turns out I switched on download booster,  which was the cause of the tiny icon.

Thanks all for the help.

Message 4 of 4