Knowledge Base
Community

Will a dual sim Microsoft 640 say what number the call is for??

Started by: jevliza
On: 30/05/2015 | 17:07
Replies: 8

Go to best answer
by: jevliza
on: 30/05/2015 | 17:07

Hi there,

I am thinking of getting a dual sim Microsoft Lumia 640 with two other numbers on it for my two businesses. If I get a dual sim phone, will it say which number/sim the call is for? This is so I can answer the call as a different company eg. I will answer the phone as "Hello this is (A buissiness)". A quick reply would be much appericiated. Thanks.

- Jev

photo blue03anim.gif
Message 1 of 9
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
by: greenman
on: 30/05/2015 | 17:15

@jevliza wrote:

Hi there,

I am thinking of getting a dual sim Microsoft Lumia 640 with two other numbers on it for my two businesses. If I get a dual sim phone, will it say which number/sim the call is for? This is so I can answer the call as a different company eg. I will answer the phone as "Hello this is (A buissiness)". A quick reply would be much appericiated. Thanks.

- Jev

If you have a dual sim phone then you will have two number and two accounts.

Let's say you have a giffgaff sim and a vodafone sim.

If you get called on the giffgaff sim then the call will indicate which sim slot it is on.

Message 5 of 9
by: endorphin
on: 30/05/2015 | 17:12
HI Jev. The phone will indicate which SIM/operator the call is being received on.
Get a free giffgaff SIM/microSIM/nanoSIM with free £5 credit
Message 2 of 9
by: a51m786
on: 30/05/2015 | 17:12
Yes you will I have a Xperia with dual sims.
Message 3 of 9
by: imran_1997
on: 30/05/2015 | 17:13
Hi, one phone I used before was a dual sim nokia phone, when receiving a call it either show from sim 1 or Sim 2
Message 4 of 9
Highlighted
by: greenman
on: 30/05/2015 | 17:15

@jevliza wrote:

Hi there,

- Jev

If you have a dual sim phone then you will have two number and two accounts.

Let's say you have a giffgaff sim and a vodafone sim.

If you get called on the giffgaff sim then the call will indicate which sim slot it is on.

Message 5 of 9
by: johnrooney80
on: 30/05/2015 | 17:24
Yep. It'll show your operator(if different) it sim1sim2 etc.Smiley Wink
Message 6 of 9
by: pwei94
on: 30/05/2015 | 19:58 edited: 30/05/2015 | 20:20

You will probably have to import one from France as they don't seem dual sim in the UK. Microsoft do have a house to use dial sim on windows phone 8.1 tutorial on their website however, this should show use exactly how it works

http://www.microsoft.com/en/mobile/lumia-dual-sim/

Message 7 of 9
by: jevliza
on: 01/06/2015 | 17:21

Hi everybody,

Thanks for all the quick replies. I will take this into consideration and think about buying the phone now! By the way, if anyone is looking for a cheap Microsoft Lumia 640, i've found one on mobicity for only £119.99 here. And it is in the UK.

Thanks

-Jev

photo blue03anim.gif
Message 8 of 9
by: pwei94
on: 01/06/2015 | 17:50

Hi there.  Mobicity are fronted in the UK but they are not a UK organisation.  Have you seen the trust pilot reviews:

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/mobicity.co.uk

Also you need to check it is EU stock otherwise no warrenty, i would suspect HK stock.  They are also showing out of stock too.

Message 9 of 9