Knowledge Base
Community

Will goodbag start if I dont activate the sim with new phone ?

Started by: pgrobinson
On: 20/07/2015 | 16:45
Replies: 14

Go to best answer
by: navvy
on: 20/07/2015 | 17:19

Since you don't want to activate the new SIM until March 2016, which is over 6 months, I recommend that you contact an agent and ask if they will kindly refund for the goodybag since you should not have had to buy it if you had logged in first.  

Try this form, which is not ideal but you can explain in the text box.

https://giffgaff.com/support/ask/cancel_queued_goodybag

SIMs can be activated after more than 6 months, but normal SIMs go through a different process after 6 months, and take longer to activate.  SIM swap is impossible with SIMs over 6 months.  I'm not sure what would happen with a special SIM like this, but probably best not to risk it since you can't just throw it away and use a new one.

Message 11 of 15
Highlighted
by: rayhoo
on: 20/07/2015 | 17:25

@pgrobinson wrote:
Thanks all for the info. I did purchase after logging in to my account, but it was the confirmation email that has confused me. The Samsung s4mini cost £149 & the total cost is listed as £149, although the email mentions a £12 goodybag as well.Looking at it again I assume this is referring to the existing recurring goodybag I already have on my account & not the purchase of a new one. Would this make sense ?

Your order history will show you exactly what you ordered, and received here https://giffgaff.com/orders/history

Perhaps that will make it clearer.

Message 12 of 15
by: pgrobinson
on: 20/07/2015 | 18:12

Thanks for this and all other replies. Clearly states that only phone purchased. Panic over.

Message 13 of 15
by: rayhoo
on: 20/07/2015 | 18:14 edited: 20/07/2015 | 18:16

@pgrobinson wrote:

Thanks for this and all other replies. Clearly states that only phone purchased. Panic over.

Well done!

Thanks for letting us know.

Please select "Best Answer" to close your query.

Thanks 

Message 14 of 15
by: figment_uk
on: 20/07/2015 | 18:20

@pgrobinson wrote:

Phew!

When your wife is ready to make the move to giffgaff, order a SIM card from your existing account.  When you have that, log out from your account and register/activate the SIM on a new account. The member name must be unique, but you can use the same name, address, email, password and payment card should you wish.

Bear in mind that should the phone have to be returned for any reason you must manage this from your account.

I do not work for giffgaff, so cannot check anything on your account. This is a public community - please do not post any personal info.
Message 15 of 15