Knowledge Base
Community

Yahoo Mail on Blackberry

Started by: brabazon50
On: 21/01/2019 | 23:56
Replies: 3

by: brabazon50
on: 21/01/2019 | 23:56

Having a problem with Blackberry Phones being unable to receive or send Yahoo mail. Problem started with the loss of sending capability now cannot receive either. Affects both yahoo.co.uk and ymail.com addresses. Other email such as GiffGaff, Hotmail, Virgin and BT all working OK. Cannot access Internet through native browser but can with Opera Mini. All problems are recent and do not respond to removal and re-install or system resets? Blackberry's are docked daily so all current system files are up to date.

Any suggestions? Thanks 

Message 1 of 4
by: macca28
on: 22/01/2019 | 00:09

@brabazon50 Hi

Register with CrackBerry and ask on there,

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 2 of 4
by: nigelbrooks
on: 22/01/2019 | 00:11 edited: 22/01/2019 | 00:15

@brabazon50

Probably down to the November and December 2018 Yahoo changes to 'increase security'.

This link may help: https://crackberry.com/unable-integrate-yahoo-mail-account-your-blackberry-smartphone-try-these-fixe...

Get a free giffgaff Sim
I donate 100% of my SIM activation payback to charity, please help me boost the donation
Message 3 of 4
by: random112
on: 22/01/2019 | 00:14

@brabazon50 I don't know if this applies to your problem or not, but yahoo have for the last couple of months been doing changes and are switching people off the old 'yahoo classic' platforms, since they were bought by oath and found the entire platform allowed access to anyone without typing a password in. I personally got an email from them last week saying that I would no longer be able to access via one of my old devices as they were no longer supporting it and my account would be automatically upgraded to 'basic mail' on 31st January. 

Message 4 of 4