Youtube not working

Started by: leabert1
On: 04/02/2019 | 19:31
Replies: 4

Go to best answer
by: leabert1
on: 04/02/2019 | 19:31 edited: 04/02/2019 | 21:01

Dear giffgaff.

The problem i had with my utube not functioning did not change. Utube is still not downloading. I am now quite frustrated. I took it to a phone shop where they charged me £5 and it is still not downloading. Would the problem be resolved if i changed the simm card again?

Lebert1

Message 1 of 5
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
by: patchandcrew
on: 04/02/2019 | 20:57 edited: 04/02/2019 | 23:03

Hi,

Can you tell us what the repair shop say they tried?

All I can suggest is firstly check if youtube needs updating on your phone ( if using application).
I would also try clearing the cache specific to youtube on your phone ( settings ->applications).
If that doesn't sort it, try also clearing data ( this would clear anything you have saved on youtube so perhaps do a backup first to be on the safe side).

If all else fails I would uninstall ->run cleaning software if you have it>reboot phone>reinstall youtube.

I am assuming you have tried running youtube on your browser and getting the same fail as directly on the app?
Make sure your phones own software is up to date in case its a video player issue rather than youtube itself.

I am not very tech savvy myself but the above suggestions are what I would try on my android (all updater checks in very first instance).

Hopefully someone with more knowledge will post further suggestions, but if you try anything I have suggested, only do so if you feel comfortable with any stage, if in doubt please get second opinions first to be sure I have tried steering you on the right track ☺

Message 2 of 5
Highlighted
by: patchandcrew
on: 04/02/2019 | 20:57 edited: 04/02/2019 | 23:03

Hi,

Can you tell us what the repair shop say they tried?

All I can suggest is firstly check if youtube needs updating on your phone ( if using application).
I would also try clearing the cache specific to youtube on your phone ( settings ->applications).
If that doesn't sort it, try also clearing data ( this would clear anything you have saved on youtube so perhaps do a backup first to be on the safe side).

If all else fails I would uninstall ->run cleaning software if you have it>reboot phone>reinstall youtube.

I am assuming you have tried running youtube on your browser and getting the same fail as directly on the app?
Make sure your phones own software is up to date in case its a video player issue rather than youtube itself.

I am not very tech savvy myself but the above suggestions are what I would try on my android (all updater checks in very first instance).

Hopefully someone with more knowledge will post further suggestions, but if you try anything I have suggested, only do so if you feel comfortable with any stage, if in doubt please get second opinions first to be sure I have tried steering you on the right track ☺

Message 2 of 5
by: smithster225225
on: 04/02/2019 | 21:08

@leabert1 wrote:

Dear giffgaff.

The problem i had with my utube not functioning did not change. Utube is still not downloading. I am now quite frustrated. I took it to a phone shop where they charged me £5 and it is still not downloading. Would the problem be resolved if i changed the simm card again?

Lebert1

Hi,

OK - a couple of possible issues here.

1. Did your phone ever have youtube?

2. When you say downloading, do you infact mean streaming?

3. What phone do you have? Is it high spec? Maybe your trying to force the phone to do something its not capable of doing?

4. Does your mobile data work OK in terms of everything else?

5. Try youtube with wi-fi only

Thanks

Don't forget to AWARD BEST ANSWER Or give Kudos to members that helped!
Message 3 of 5
by: jaymailsays
on: 05/02/2019 | 00:42 edited: 05/02/2019 | 00:56

@leabert1 Your first report about YouTube not working was in 2017, your next in late 2018 and then here. So it would seem your device or location has defects. If the repairer was able to connect to the app on your device, that looks like you have a location problem via the O2 network. Check here.

https://giffgaff.com/coverage-and-service

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 4 of 5
by: gcase64
on: 05/02/2019 | 14:34
@leabert1
Hi,what is the error code that comes up when you have tried to install the YouTube app ?.Also what version of Android do you have on your phone ?.If you can provide me with this information I could possibly help you.
Message 5 of 5