Knowledge Base
Community

abstertee80 has a question about when i put my activation code in it just keeps going back to the activate sim page. It's not accepting the code obviously. Should i just order a new sim as this is the 2nd sim I've had now and it's done it on both

Started by: abstertee80
On: 13/07/2018 | 03:00
Replies: 4

by: abstertee80
on: 13/07/2018 | 03:00
when i put my activation code in it just keeps going back to the activate sim page. It's not accepting the code obviously. Should i just order a new sim as this is the 2nd sim I've had
Message 1 of 5
by: persco
on: 13/07/2018 | 05:18

abstertee80 wrote:

when i put my activation code in it just keeps going back to the activate sim page. It's not accepting the code obviously. Should i just order a new sim as this is the 2nd sim I've had

Hi @abstertee80 Sorry to hear you are having troubles activating your sim. Yes you can order some more free sims but as it’s the second one I have a feeing something on your computer is blocking activation. Maybe an antivirus software or something. Try again using a different browser or device or if you know how to, clear your browser cache and cookies and try again using this link 

Also if you’ve been trying with the code on the sim, you can also enter your 13 digit SIM serial number, which is located on the back of your SIM card, before 4Ggg4. In some cases, this may be 16 or 19 digits.

If the problem persists, you can contact the agents to give you a hand using 

Agents will respond within 24hrs.

Check for reply from agents using link below
Please do set BEST ANSWER for posts that help you. Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 2 of 5
by: abstertee80
on: 13/07/2018 | 05:47
Hi, I've tried on my phone, 2 different laptops and my works computer. I have also tried the long number. I clear my cookies and cache on a daily basis so I don't think it's that either. I'll just keep trying. Thank you
Message 3 of 5
by: persco
on: 13/07/2018 | 05:49

abstertee80 wrote:

Hi, I've tried on my phone, 2 different laptops and my works computer. I have also tried the long number. I clear my cookies and cache on a daily basis so I don't think it's that either. I'll just keep trying. Thank you

In that case use link in my post above to raise a ticket with agents @abstertee80 Trying won’t fix it at this stage I don’t think. 

Please do set BEST ANSWER for posts that help you. Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 4 of 5
by: tomrosser1
on: 13/07/2018 | 06:00

Hi @abstertee80

Please try clearing your browser cache cookies history with the current browser your using or use another browser. There are many other browsers on the market e.g Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Opera etc and then try again. 

You can also check out this https://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Getting-started/I-can-t-activate-my-SIM/ta-p/7435412 link if it helps regarding the activating of the SIM card. 

if you have followed the steps above and still having issues activating the SIM card ask a giffgaff agent to look into this. To contact an agent please follow this https://support2.giffgaff.com/app/ask/Getting-Started/Activating-my-SIM/form/ link 

please beware a giffgaff agent can take up to 24 hours to reply to your query.
Agent replies can be found “Messages From Agents" box located under your "My Giffgaff" page, or can be accessed by following this link https://giffgaff.com/support/questions

Message 5 of 5