Knowledge Base
Community

being harassed by someone withholding there number

Started by: djmixter
On: 08/03/2018 | 10:22
Replies: 8

by: djmixter
on: 08/03/2018 | 10:22 edited: 10/10/2018 | 14:51

Help please I am being harassed by someone withholding there number and need help to find out who is doing this please 

Message 1 of 9
by: endorphin
on: 12/10/2018 | 17:38

Hi @djmixter sorry but giffgaff can't tell you who's ringing you if the number is withheld. You could block such numbers using a number blocking app but this will block a ligitimate call from a withheld number too. However try blocking them for a short while to see if they get bored.

Get a free giffgaff SIM/microSIM/nanoSIM with free £5 credit
Message 2 of 9
by: joshpt
on: 12/10/2018 | 17:44
@djmixter Sorry giffgaff can not disclose however you can block the number. and you can request for number change.
Message 3 of 9
by: lpwilliams

@djmixter What phone do you have?  It may have an in built option to reject unknown numbers?  IF not, then as somebody else suggests, download an app that will block all unknown numbers.

If they do not get bored and keep on ringing, then you can always request a new number from giffgaff here https://giffgaff.com/profile/details#msisdn but if you do this, you cannot retrieve the old number.

Also be aware, if you use an iPhone, people can contact/message/phone you via the Apple iD username.  So if you do have an iPhone, just be aware of this - you may need to change this Apple iD if things persist.

Message 4 of 9
Highlighted
by: sheppola

@djmixter

What phone do you have?

If this post helped please click the Kudos Button and or,"Best Answer"
"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
Message 5 of 9
by: nigelbrooks
on: 12/10/2018 | 17:53

@djmixter

The GDPR regulations mean that giffgaff, even if they could trace the number, cannot tell you who it is.

If the calls are threatening then it is a police mattter. If not then your only option is to change your number.

Get a free giffgaff Sim
I donate 100% of my SIM activation payback to charity, please help me boost the donation
Message 6 of 9
by: sfros56
on: 12/10/2018 | 18:23
You could report it tongue police they will be able to track the phone call back.
But other than that it's not easy to do
Message 7 of 9
by: hdavey17
on: 12/10/2018 | 19:28

@djmixter Sorry to hear this. Are you answering the calls or ignoring them?  

Wgat is being said, if you do answer?

I do hope that this is just random calling, a sales call perhaps, and it is not intentional to cause you distress. 😡

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 8 of 9
by: ellebae
on: 12/10/2018 | 19:51
Hi Really sorry to hear this.. If you see this withheld phoning you, just don't answer your phone or cut it off. Hopefully they will get tired of phoning and will stop.. Is there anything in your settings to block this from happening again?
Message 9 of 9