Community

buying phone.

Started by: whisper22
On: 13/10/2015 | 14:32
Replies: 6

Go to best answer
by: whisper22
on: 13/10/2015 | 14:32
Hi. I lost my simcard the other day along with my phone. Iv cancelled the simcard and they are sending me a new one out. I'm also looking at the phones you do but when I click on one I want it's putting the goody bag price onto it. But I won't need a simcard with it as I'm getting one sent to me and hopefully be able to carry my goody bag onto it what I had previous as it's not long been topped up. Could you help me on this please?
Message 1 of 7
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
by: dalan
on: 13/10/2015 | 14:36
Hello
Since you reported your sim as lost. There is a security block on your account. Activating the replacement sim giffgaff will send, will lift the bar allowing you access to your account. If you then log in to your account to buy a phone, it will detect that you already have a Goodybag, so you don't need to buy another with your new phone.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 4 of 7
by: ntfcfan
on: 13/10/2015 | 14:33
Log into your GiffGaff account before ordering then you won't need to pay for a goodybag when buying new phone
Message 2 of 7
by: mmzafar
on: 13/10/2015 | 14:35
You need to activate the sim card first which is sent as replacement as no other sim card will work on your account but once you receive your phone you can either continue using the sim which was sent as replacement or you can activate the sim which comes with the phone.
Message 3 of 7
by: dalan
Hello
Since you reported your sim as lost. There is a security block on your account. Activating the replacement sim giffgaff will send, will lift the bar allowing you access to your account. If you then log in to your account to buy a phone, it will detect that you already have a Goodybag, so you don't need to buy another with your new phone.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 4 of 7
by: nigelbrooks

@whisper22

You won't be able to buy a phone on your account until you reactivate it using the replacement SIM that giffgaff are sending to you.

To prevent any fraudulent activity your account is suspended until you reactivate it.

Get a free giffgaff Sim
I donate 100% of my SIM activation payback to charity, please help me boost the donation
Message 5 of 7
by: s2ace
on: 13/10/2015 | 14:39
Hi, unfortunately your giffgaff account has probably been suspended because you reported your SIM and phone lost or stolen. That will make the system think your a new member so will expect you to buy a goodybag with the phone. Once your replacement SIM is activated you won't need to buy a goodybag
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 6 of 7
by: michelle9999
on: 13/10/2015 | 14:40

Will not need goodybag when buying new phone

Message 7 of 7