Knowledge Base
Community

cannot get on internet!!

Started by: jazmyna
On: 12/01/2014 | 01:12
Replies: 6

by: jazmyna
on: 12/01/2014 | 01:12
I've used my airtime balance to get a 5 pound goodybag, but I can't seem to get on the internet it was workin fine the first day, but now its not!?!
Message 1 of 7
by: mykiel78
on: 12/01/2014 | 01:18
Using your giffgaff phone/sim, text the word "SETTINGS" to 2020 to get the giffgaff Internet APN settings on your phone.

If this option works for your phone and you receive the settings, please recheck the settings for one wrong entry in the Proxy IP address and delete that particular entry to leave it blank.

Reboot your phone after this and you should get access to the internet or tell us the exact phone for specific settings.
Message 2 of 7
by: m_morley
on: 12/01/2014 | 01:26

You may not be aware but there is an addon that is needed for most BB phones and you can find more about this in the help sections guide

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 3 of 7
by: kanzachoudhry
on: 12/01/2014 | 01:31
You may have used up all of your internet allowance?
IF I HELPED YOU, PLEASE GIVE KUDOS OR SET AS BEST ANSWER OR SOLUTION Smiley Happy Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 4 of 7
by: bambula
on: 12/01/2014 | 01:35
Hi
As a Blackberry phone user you have to buy addon (unieś you have BlackBerry 10 OS)
https://giffgaff.com/buy

If you bought Goodybag already set your phone as below
Select Options > Device > Advanced System Settings > TCP/IP
Enter the APN giffgaff.com ,
Where it says user name enter giffgaff and
Where it says password enter password
Press the BB Menu key and select Save

You will also need download opera mini from blackberry world through wifi
Message 5 of 7
by: shadrack
on: 12/01/2014 | 01:42

dial *100# for Credit

dial *100*7# to check your goodybag allowance
http://bit.ly/giffgaffAPN - Definitive APN Settings

Message 6 of 7
Highlighted
by: will600000
on: 12/01/2014 | 01:45
I think it has been said already but just in case, you have to cough up an extra £2.50 for Blackberry services.
I have no idea why as i have never been tempted to own a blackberry handset.
I see it every time i top up, that BB users need to purchase a BB add on.
Your £5 goodybag will not include that, it has to be bought from the BB goodbag menu or bought separately from airtime credit or using a payment card.
Bad news is, because you have a goodybag active, you will not be able to activate a new plan until your current goodybag expires :-(
Sorry
Message 7 of 7