Knowledge Base
Community

cant send or receive picture messages samsung note 2

Started by: antsmyers
On: 01/12/2013 | 10:04
Replies: 6

by: antsmyers
on: 01/12/2013 | 10:04
Hi had this problem for over a year now can't send or receive picture messages samsung note 2 with giff gaff
Message 1 of 7
by: allan1954
on: 01/12/2013 | 10:06
to send mms you need credit as 16p as not included in goodybags have you entered the gg settings.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 2 of 7
by: lpsetterfield
on: 01/12/2013 | 10:06

Hi there

How are you?

Try turning off wi-fi and enabling mobile data as sometimes that makes it work. If not text the word settings to 2020 then install the download.

If this doesn't work install the settings manually into your phone.

MMS Settings

Mms cost 16p each to send and are not included within your goodybag allowance.

Therefore you will need airtime credit and you can do this by visiting this link : https://giffgaff.com/buy .

You could also send pictures via apps like WhatsApp which you can download from the app stores.

Hope this helps

Loz

Please give kudos and mark as solution to anyone you think has helped you.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 3 of 7
by: jondy
on: 01/12/2013 | 10:13 edited: 01/12/2013 | 10:17
Hi ant
Sounds like this is a settings problem with your phone, or the size of the file you're trying to send/receive.
Check the settings in your phone to make sure they are correct, even a space or stop in the wrong place can cause problems. I will look for a link to the settings and post it back here in a minute when I've located them.
http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Settings-for-your-device/tkb-p/phone_settings/label-name/handset%20...
It could also be the size of file you're trying to send. At gg there is a very generous size limit of 3000kb for mms all networks have similar limits. This means if you're trying to send a picture taken with the rear facing camera, it will be well over the limit. However if you use the front facing camera to take your picture, the resolution is much lower and your file size will be within the limit. Each mms costs 16p so you need credit on your account. For any larger picture files you could always send them by email which saves 16p but uses a little data. There are also apps like whatsap that can be used.
Hope this info helps.
Jondy
If I've helped please press the kudos star buttonSmiley Happy
If I've answered your question please mark as best answer.
Message 4 of 7
Highlighted
by: addykiller123
on: 01/12/2013 | 11:07
do u have credits
Message 5 of 7
by: addykiller123
on: 01/12/2013 | 11:08
if u do it will cost u 16p per pic and if u dont u caNT
Message 6 of 7
by: addy123456
on: 01/12/2013 | 11:33