Knowledge Base
Community

compensation

Started by: joewitham
On: 06/12/2018 | 13:48
Replies: 211

by: traceyw43
on: 07/12/2018 | 17:51

This has been a terrible hassle. Rely on mobile & chances are missed out on a shift at work 😡 

Message 131 of 212
by: 84731doc
on: 07/12/2018 | 18:11

I couldn't keep in touch with my wife who's got an ilness yesterday because of network going down and was wondering if or when I would be compensated many thanks Mr g shipman ps my wife is also on Giffgaff same as me 

Message 132 of 212
by: hezp
on: 07/12/2018 | 18:17
Click on this link to see what Giffgaff proposing:
https://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Announcements/December-6th-s-outage-what-we-re-doing-to-say-sorry/...
Giffgaff are not obliged to offer any other compensation as you are not in a contract with them.
Message 133 of 212
by: craig28743
on: 07/12/2018 | 18:18

I have lost not only money but clients due to this !!! ... what good is credit if we can not use it if this happens again .. something needs sorting out as this ain’t right .. 

Message 134 of 212
by: kilog27
on: 07/12/2018 | 18:19

I feel especially outraged by the outage as suffer from anxiety and also a sex addiction so instead of just going online and finding a really nice girl on vivastreet I had to brave the outdoor murky ends an stroll up an down a street an search for a lady of the night, to which I couldn't find so had to use self gratification to my best which wasn't half as good as if I'd been able to find a nice European girl ready and willing. For this reason I feel let down by o2 for not giving a great service to me and feel it's unfortunate that great companies like giffgaff have to take the brunt and the compensation claims themselves.  . Yours sincerely Lord Ryan 

Message 135 of 212
Highlighted
by: hdavey17
on: 07/12/2018 | 18:22

Giff Gaff have acknowledged the issues and emails will be sent out with a link regards to compensation. 

There is is also an opportunity to donate it to a charity. 

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 136 of 212
by: tracyreeves34xx
on: 07/12/2018 | 18:24

I sud get a refund of the network bring down yesterday I work from home I'm a single mum of 3 boys this has caused me alot of worry an upset I didn't need my whole day was a disaster I lost alot of money due to this ...

One of my children has learning disabilities an missed appointments due to no network I'm VERY UNHAPPY 

Message 137 of 212
by: nuffsed12345
on: 07/12/2018 | 18:32

I was affected by this and was very angry not to be able to use then phone 

Message 138 of 212
by: tazzy19
on: 07/12/2018 | 18:34

As a call girl and drug dealer I lost so much business yesterday by not being able to access data.

Oops that contradicts giffgaff's rules in so many ways !!

Much like many of the 'business' users demanding compensation when giffgaff specifically state business use is not supported

Message 139 of 212
by: ruthmetooth
on: 07/12/2018 | 18:56

To whom it may concern at Giffgaff, I have read your reply to the compensation strategy, would it be possible to send another email out to my account as the email which I suspect was sent was to a old email address, now it has been fully updated. 

The whole of yesterday I had no access to the internet, I am a single mum to a 3 month old baby, I also for some reason couldn't use my text and everyone I tried to call wasn't picking up, I rely solely on my phone for communication, internet and TV and music. It made yesterday very difficukt as couldnt confirm meeting with anybody and was stuck at home alone with no entertainment and a young collicy teething baby. 

Furthermore today my texts haven't been going through. This has caused personal havoc with my ex partner. And from reading this I hope you understand the impact this has had on us . Furthermore, I'm having trouble with my internet home broadband which currently is out due to talk talk poor service, which is why I buy a 25 pound unlimited bundle as this is my only internet. Kind regards,  Ruth. I hope to hear from somebody from the Giffgaff team to resolve my situation. 

Message 140 of 212