Knowledge Base
Community

compensation

Started by: joewitham
On: 06/12/2018 | 13:48
Replies: 211

by: joewitham
on: 06/12/2018 | 13:48

im wondering what kind of compensation giffgaff is offering for the abismal serivce today? im being forced to post here seen as you fail to have a public phone number or email and your 'agent' links redirect to the homepage? the amount of distress this isse has caused me is insane. ive had to run out and purchase an EE sim card to stay in contact with my clients and you can imagine the kind of confusion changing phone number temporarily has resulted in. this is not the satisfactory quality that was described to me when i took out a contract with you which directly contradicts my statutary rights. please get this fixed asap. i expect a reply

Message 1 of 212
by: flaxvert
on: 06/12/2018 | 14:01 edited: 07/12/2018 | 21:50

A reply from the  giffgaff team:

--> We’ve been reading your comments throughout the day and night which has brought to life some of the problems it caused you. We wish it hadn’t happened, but it did, so we want to do what we can to make amends.

We can see from the stories you’ve shared that it affected you all differently. To make sure we’re reflecting this I’m going to set aside a ‘goodwill fund’. If you feel yesterday had a significant impact on you, you can register for your share of the fund. There will be two options - you will be able to choose whether to take a share of the fund as credit, or donate your share to charity.

We’ll be sending out emails to all members from today and over the next few days. If you feel that you were significantly affected then you can click through and make your choice.

Registration will stay open until close of play on Friday 14th Dec and I’ll update you again on next steps on Monday 17th.

I’d like to say sorry again that this has happened. We let you down and that’s never something we want to do.

Ash at giffgaff

Please see the following post for the latest information and to add your input HERE

Image and video hosting by TinyPic src="https://www.giffgaff.com/styleguide/images/banner/02b_550x80.png" width="550" height="80" alt="Get a free giffgaff Sim" >
Message 2 of 212
by: tanyahammill
on: 06/12/2018 | 21:22

yeah I would like to no the same as well

Message 3 of 212
by: hayleyloveschris
on: 06/12/2018 | 21:44

Hi. Please can I receive compensation? I always use my mobile to keep in contact with my disabled husband but couldn’t even contact him all day today because of this problem and have been worried and stressed all day. Thanks Hayley 

Message 4 of 212
by: jackskyrme1
on: 06/12/2018 | 21:54

Me too as I use my phone for work and I have lost a days work due to this been down all day 

Message 5 of 212
by: sxcmale90
on: 06/12/2018 | 22:24

i would like compensation as i havent lost a lot of money today as i use my phone for buisness its a complete and utter joke

Message 6 of 212
by: marcy247
on: 06/12/2018 | 22:48

I would like compensation for today's action as I could not get hold of anyone and I lost a days earning 

Message 7 of 212
by: jadelyndsey
on: 06/12/2018 | 23:13

I, like everyone else on this thread and thousands of people in the UK using o2 network also experienced outage today. It has caused inconvenience, i.e. unable to google a postcode whilst travelling, and then unable to call out to seek directions. 

HOWEVER... One day of outage vs years of good service at a really reasonable price isn't really the end of the world. I pay £5 per month for my phone. That's about 17p per day of useage. You can keep my 17p giffgaff, it seems like you'll need it for all the compo claims...

Message 8 of 212
by: stephszstephsz
on: 06/12/2018 | 23:14

Ive had to buy an EE sim card and top up just to call out!! I hate being with Ee they are so expensive  😭😭

Message 9 of 212
by: jessjackson95
on: 06/12/2018 | 23:14

I’ve had to miss work today as I need my phone for it. And at this time of year I can’t afford to miss work. So Ian there compensation I can get for this 

Message 10 of 212