Community

data use

Started by: vixieh
On: 31/12/2014 | 00:46
Replies: 5

Go to best answer
by: vixieh
on: 31/12/2014 | 00:46
Ok so following my last question reSmiley Tongueayback points I looked further into my options and now notice the gigabags. These are for things like dongles to be used with, however my new question is judging by my usage on my phone I would require approx 3gig data per month for a dongle but there are only 2 gigabags available one is 500mb and the other is 1gig so would I be able to use the £12 per month goodiebag offering 3gig data per month with my dongle with no repercussions or would I have to use a 1gig per month gigabags and just top up more. Alternatively would gg consider offering a 3rd gigabags for people like myself that simply offers 3gig data usage as im sure I wouldn't be the only one wanting to use it. Thanks x
Message 1 of 6
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
by: phillsibson
on: 31/12/2014 | 01:47

Hi,

As has already been said - any of the goodybags with a fixed amount of data can be used in dongles or otherwise tethered to pcs, laptops, tablets & games etc.

What we can now do that we couldn't do in the past is start a new goody bag straight away if we run out of data or mins.  In the past we couldn't have more than one goody/giga bag per month.

Now you can just get the biggest one you think you need and if you run out of data and want to, you can start a new one, everything resets, and the new one is good for a month, or until you run out of mins or data.

hope it helps

Phill

Message 4 of 6
by: sloz
on: 31/12/2014 | 00:50 edited: 31/12/2014 | 00:51
Yes any goodybag with a limited data allowance
£12 goodybag with 3gb
£15 goodybag with 5gb
Can be used in a none mobile device and can be tethered with

No plans at present for a larger gigabag
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 2 of 6
by: rosarioross
on: 31/12/2014 | 01:19

hello vixhie 

the 12 punnd goodybag and the  15 pound godybag  can be use in the dongle as well plus you got 500 min to call and free txt to everyone

So i think is better indeed 

i did propose an idea to have a new ultragigabag of  8 giga but is under discussion just add your opinion if you like my idea this is the link 

http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Submit-Great-giffgaff-Ideas/ULTRA-GIGABAG/idi-p/15244639

Message 3 of 6
Highlighted
by: phillsibson
on: 31/12/2014 | 01:47

Hi,

As has already been said - any of the goodybags with a fixed amount of data can be used in dongles or otherwise tethered to pcs, laptops, tablets & games etc.

What we can now do that we couldn't do in the past is start a new goody bag straight away if we run out of data or mins.  In the past we couldn't have more than one goody/giga bag per month.

Now you can just get the biggest one you think you need and if you run out of data and want to, you can start a new one, everything resets, and the new one is good for a month, or until you run out of mins or data.

hope it helps

Phill

Message 4 of 6
by: chamansingh
on: 31/12/2014 | 02:18
You have gooodybags with data of that range to use mate. No Gigabags though
Message 5 of 6
by: vixieh
on: 08/01/2015 | 16:32
Thank you all for your help, I'm much better informed to make a decision now x
Message 6 of 6