Knowledge Base
Community

davidmc0601 has a question about Can somebody tell me why some of my incoming calls are going straight to voicemail?

Started by: davidmc0601
On: 09/01/2018 | 20:08
Replies: 6

by: davidmc0601
on: 09/01/2018 | 20:08
Can anyone tell me me why some of my incoming calls are going straight to voicemail? I have 7.50 goody ah with time left on the deal. I don't believe it is the phone.
Message 1 of 7
by: baba03
on: 09/01/2018 | 20:10
Hiya @davidmc0601
Please check signal in your area for any faults with the network. You can do so by following this https://giffgaff.com/coverage-and-service link.

The checker only gets updated once an hour so if your problem has just started, or you’re not sure how long it’s been happening, if it says all is good, keep trying for a while to see if it gets an update.

If everything looks good with the signal, then you should try a manual roam which will update your connection with the network. Please follow this http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Using-giffgaff/Force-the-change-of-SMS-settings/ta-p/4871794 fantastic guide on how to perform the manual roam.

and turn your device off for a couple of minutes and back on again to see if that helps.
Click to get a free SIM with £5 Credit All sim sizes available
Message 2 of 7
Highlighted
by: no51get
on: 09/01/2018 | 20:12

Hi there @davidmc0601

Below is all the information regarding voicemail activation etc...
http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Using-giffgaff/Your-voicemail/ta-p/3521085#faq_no_1
These are some quick numbers you need to manage your Voicemail.
To ACTIVATE Voicemail - Dial 1616
To DEACTIVATE Voicemail Dial - 1626
To CHECK Voicemail - Dial 443
To set your own Voicemail message dial 443 and follow the prompts.
Voicemail extended ring will set the number of rings before divert type in **61*443*10* and then the amount of seconds you want in increments of 5 secs maximum 30 followed by # then SEND
Voicemail costs 8p/Call, or if you have a goodybag, it deducts ONE goodybag minute, regardless of how long you are on the call.
To hear your voicemail from another phone you need to set your PIN. Call your number. Wait for the voicemail to answer, then press * Then enter your PIN. You will then reach the voicemail menu.

Message 3 of 7
by: davidmc0601
on: 09/01/2018 | 20:38
Thanks I have checked network connection. At first it says sorry a phone mast isn't working. Underneath this statement there is a list of services with messages saying "normal service for". And then the details if that service. Are they just generic statements and in fact a faulty phone mast close to me is causing some incoming calls to go straight to voicemail?
Message 4 of 7
by: natalieduff
on: 09/01/2018 | 20:56
It could be on aeroplane mode, busy mode it happened to someone I know.
Message 5 of 7
by: alexmgg2
on: 09/01/2018 | 22:15

@davidmc0601

davidmc0601 wrote:

Thanks I have checked network connection. At first it says sorry a phone mast isn't working. Underneath this statement there is a list of services with messages saying "normal service for". And then the details if that service. Are they just generic statements and in fact a faulty phone mast close to me is causing some incoming calls to go straight to voicemail?

A faulty phone mast could easily cause your calls to go straight to voicemail. If the mast can't connect to your phone when the call comes in, that would be what would normally happen. 

Hopefully, your mast will be mended soon. In the meantime, if there is another phone available  (not on giffgaff  / O2), you could use conditial call diversion on unreachable to divert the call to the other phone, instead of it going to voicemail. See here, under call diversion :

https://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Using-giffgaff/Useful-Network-Shortcodes/ta-p/5131990

Good luck, and I hope that the mast is mended soon. 

If someones answer has helped you solve your problem, please consider setting it as Best answer, or leaving them Kudos points. Thanks!
Message 6 of 7
by: allsaints
on: 09/01/2018 | 22:17
Phone mast can be down would cause this problem
Message 7 of 7