Community

does payback credit expire

Started by: mr_steely
On: 12/06/2019 | 17:30
Replies: 5

by: mr_steely
on: 12/06/2019 | 17:30

Hi

I've earned quite a lot of points for payback (exactly 100 points!)

But I can only take them as airtime. If I leave the points and not do anything will they stay 'banked' or will I lose them if I dont do anything?

Thanks 

Message 1 of 6
by: jfc1951
on: 12/06/2019 | 17:32 edited: 12/06/2019 | 17:35

@mr_steelywrote:

Hi

I've earned quite a lot of points for payback (exactly 100 points!)

But I can only take them as airtime. If I leave the points and not do anything will they stay 'banked' or will I lose them if I dont do anything?

Thanks 

As long as your SIM remains active, the credit will not expire @mr_steely 

But as Payback the points only carry forward once.

EDIT Sorry, that could be clearer, if you redeem the Payback as credit it will not expire as long as yourcSIM remains active.

If you do not redeem your Payback points this time, they will roll over only once to the next Payback period.

"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." - Hanlon's Razor

Message 2 of 6
by: gizmo420
on: 12/06/2019 | 17:33
@mr_steely

If you do not make a selection before the Payback selection window, your points will roll over to the next Payback period. Your Payback points can be rolled over only ONCE before you lose them.

more info here

https://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Using-giffgaff/Guide-to-Payback-points/ta-p/3521553
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 4 of 6
by: endorphin
on: 12/06/2019 | 17:34

Hi @mr_steely you can only leave them as points (aka rollover) once, so if you haven't done so before the 100 points will be added to your total for the next payback period (Jun - Nov) ready for you to redeem in Dec.

If you don't redeem again in Dec you will lose the 100 points but any points you earn between now and Nov will be rolled over to next year.

Get a free giffgaff SIM/microSIM/nanoSIM with free £5 credit
Message 5 of 6
by: richybhoy36
on: 12/06/2019 | 18:55
Hi your allowed to roll them over once and then you need to take a pay out or the money will go to charity .
Message 6 of 6