Community

dongle

Started by: murrybob
On: 17/09/2013 | 20:15
Replies: 12

Go to best answer
by: jrfox50
on: 23/11/2013 | 01:51

im sorry but l am 63 still can not get head round thse terms l want to change from t mobile to giffgaff on paygo dongle can you help.regards jon

Message 11 of 13
by: ronc2000
on: 23/11/2013 | 04:57

@jrfox50 wrote:

im sorry but l am 63 still can not get head round thse terms l want to change from t mobile to giffgaff on paygo dongle can you help.regards jon

If you want to use a dongle, it means you only need data - one of the Gigabags.

Data rate of GG is not very favourable compared with other networks. You will be better off looking at other networks.

If you are low user, the best dongle rate is 3's 321 - 1p/MB - you pay what you use.

Message 12 of 13
Highlighted
by: will600000
on: 12/01/2014 | 01:34

Hello,

I must admit, i know squat about dongles and i couldn't find any good solid info on which one to buy and or, how to set it up.

So what i have done, for data on my laptop, using the correct data goodybag, i have bought a Samsung Galaxy Y (young or youth) for £50 at Argos, this is a factory UNCONNECTED handset (which is essential here)

After activating the sim online and adding the data goodybag I then popped in a new giffgaff sim, waited to receive the mobile internet settings to automatically install.

Now the Galaxy phones have a very easy to use tethering wifi hotspot function which has a reasonable range between phone and devise.

Job done ! i now have a good mobile internet service for a few quid a month.

BE WARNED !!! DO NOT USE AN UNLIMITED DATA GOODYBAG TO TETHER AS THIS IS IN VIOLATION OF GIFFGAFF TERMS & CONDITIONS AND WILL GET YOU DISCONNECTED FAST !!!

Happy mobile data use Smiley Happy

Message 13 of 13