Community

goody bags with no more 'unlimited internet'

Started by: leechad2014
On: 12/08/2014 | 05:46
Replies: 4

Go to best answer
by: leechad2014
on: 12/08/2014 | 05:46

So GG have decided to stop the unlimited internet on all goody bags and put a limit of 2G, 3G on them well i can see alot of people now leaving the whole greatness of joining GG is that they offer unlimited data, 2 of my friends already moving to 3 and i must say 3G is alot but in the day of technology with watching videos downloading music etc 3G only lasts me 2 and half weeks so maybe i will have to move to a network with Unlimited data as we now gotta watch what we use GG will soon no longer be the cheapest 

Message 1 of 5
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
by: phillsibson
on: 12/08/2014 | 06:12

Unlimited anything is just a bad Idea.  Giffgaff look like they have reached the point where they see that it just cannot be done - the option that has unlimited for £20 is still going to give us the same problem later on.

If you need more than whatever ends up being on offer, your only option will be to jump ship, but don't expect the unlimited data to be available cheaply forever - new phones/tablets at lower prices and plenty of cheap or free content mean that every year more people will be expecting even more from their unlimited data packages.

The only way for that to continue (and for the networks improve their capacity to keep up with demand) is if prices go up.

Message 4 of 5
by: erasure454545
on: 12/08/2014 | 05:55

your right there is  better value out there now  if these  changes go ahead   and i believe they will lose lota of customers

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 2 of 5
by: leechad2014
on: 12/08/2014 | 05:57

yes indeed the whole idea of joining GG is for all the unlimited stuff me for one will be leaving and going to elswer

Message 3 of 5
Highlighted
by: phillsibson
on: 12/08/2014 | 06:12

Unlimited anything is just a bad Idea.  Giffgaff look like they have reached the point where they see that it just cannot be done - the option that has unlimited for £20 is still going to give us the same problem later on.

If you need more than whatever ends up being on offer, your only option will be to jump ship, but don't expect the unlimited data to be available cheaply forever - new phones/tablets at lower prices and plenty of cheap or free content mean that every year more people will be expecting even more from their unlimited data packages.

The only way for that to continue (and for the networks improve their capacity to keep up with demand) is if prices go up.

Message 4 of 5
by: sjd75
on: 12/08/2014 | 06:27
It won't affect me but a few of my friends am on the £12 bag... And am already on about moving to 3 for unlimited 4g for £15 a month paygo
Message 5 of 5