Community

hUAWEI MOBILE BROADBAND BOX

Started by: intheblim68
On: 19/03/2019 | 00:11
Replies: 2

Go to best answer
by: intheblim68
on: 19/03/2019 | 00:11

Hi i have a huawei mobile broadband box and was wondering if i can put a giff gaff sim in to it - its a large size sim and unlocked ?

Message 1 of 3
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
by: bilal86440
on: 19/03/2019 | 00:14
@intheblim68
Yes a giffgaff SIM card can be used with any devices including mobile broadband dongles and box that is unlocked or locked to the O2 network.

However, you might need to configure the device with the correct APN/Data settings before you can use the mobile data on giffgaff. Check out this http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Tips-Advice/Dongle-Settings/m-p/1924153#M21350 guide to manually configure your device with the correct APN/Data settings.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 2 of 3
by: bilal86440
on: 19/03/2019 | 00:14
@intheblim68
Yes a giffgaff SIM card can be used with any devices including mobile broadband dongles and box that is unlocked or locked to the O2 network.

However, you might need to configure the device with the correct APN/Data settings before you can use the mobile data on giffgaff. Check out this http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Tips-Advice/Dongle-Settings/m-p/1924153#M21350 guide to manually configure your device with the correct APN/Data settings.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 2 of 3
by: wreedie
on: 19/03/2019 | 00:37

@intheblim68wrote:

Hi i have a huawei mobile broadband box and was wondering if i can put a giff gaff sim in to it - its a large size sim and unlocked ?

@intheblim68  Yes, you can. Giffgaff SIMs work in devices that are unlocked or those that are locked to O2 UK. When using a giffgaff SIM, you will need to login to the web configuration / settings interface of your device and create a profile for giffgaff with the basic settings shown below.

• Profile Name: giffgaff
  • APN: giffgaff.com
  • Username: giffgaff
  • Password: password (or leave this part blank if you can)
  • Access / Dial Up Number: *99#
  • Authentication Type / Method: CHAP

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 3 of 3