Knowledge Base
Community

how long will it take for my number to be ported over to giffgaff?

Started by: neilrobertson
On: 15/10/2010 | 12:30
Replies: 5

by: neilrobertson
on: 15/10/2010 | 12:30
Hi
My porting date was 14/10 and my vodafone sim became inactive at 12 noon on 14/10 and is not been transfered over to giff gaff yet? Im self employed and really cant afford my number to be off any longer! I appreciate they said can take 24 hours but its past that now and heading into weekend i have emailed giff gaff agent 3 times since yesterday and noone has responded to any my emails does anyone have any suggestionwould be greatly appreciated. Thankss
Message 1 of 6
by: timst
on: 15/10/2010 | 12:32

Any reply from a agent should be posted on the end of any enquiry: look http://support.giffgaff.com/app/account/questions/list

Tim

Need a sim order one here and get £5 free credit
j.mp/freeggsim
or j.mp/freemicrosim

Message 2 of 6
by: rjheald
on: 15/10/2010 | 12:32

You have already done what you need to do - ie contact an agent.  You can check for replies at support > messages from agents

For a free sim with £5 credit click here
To switch signatures off go to My Community Settings>Preferences and remove the tick from View signatures in posts.
Message 3 of 6
by: bulldogno1
on: 15/10/2010 | 12:34

Login and click 'support'. Click on 'Messages from agents'. You should get replies there.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If your question has been answered, click the Accept as Solution button on the message that contains the best reply. You can also give 'kudos' to messages that you think have been helpful - click the star to the left of the relevant message.
If you'd like a giffgaff SIM with £5 free credit, send me a Private Message by clicking here (you still need to topup £10 to activate)
Message 4 of 6
by: sdiver
on: 15/10/2010 | 12:39

Hi neilrobertson

I have taken a look at your account and can see the cases that you have rasied.  I have brought this to the attention of the team and we will investigate this matter further. 

I would greatly appreciate your patience

Kind Regards

Sinead

If you've asked a question, mark the best answer as 'Accepted solution'. This lets everyone know you're sorted - It also gives kudos to the giffgaffer who helped you. Nice!
Message 5 of 6
by: lucid
on: 15/10/2010 | 12:40

My number was ported yesterday too.

I did find that the dashboard took a lot longer to update to reflect the porting, than the actual physical number change.

I'm sure you've probably already checked, but just in case you haven't have you tried calling a friends mobile with your giffgaff sim to see what number is now associated with your sim?

Message 6 of 6