Knowledge Base
Community

i can get my vodafone locked iphone 4s unlocked! Vodafone customer service awful - help!

Started by: thelondoner
On: 19/02/2013 | 20:38
Replies: 14

Go to best answer
Highlighted
by: thelondoner
on: 19/02/2013 | 20:47

i've jailbroken my phone but am not sure how i can unlock it - isn't the jailbreak unlock method a temporary solution? I read somewhere that if i do the jailbreak unlock it'll become locked to o2 (giffgaff) once i put that sim in and then i'd need to unlock it again when putting back my asda mobile sim. I am willing to pay the £20 to have it probably unlocked and have the phone imei whitelisted on the apple servers. 

Say I took it to a local shop, will they unlock it in such a way that my phone is imei whitelisted and i'll be able to use my phone anywhere with any sim?

I'm so confused right now!

Message 11 of 15
by: isabel1066
on: 19/02/2013 | 21:01
jailbreak unlocks the apps not the phone.local shops charge £55 my area.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 13 of 15
by: thelondoner
on: 20/02/2013 | 01:02

UPDATE:

Seller seems adament not to help me.  He says if i go to store they should unlock it and i did that today and they didn't unlock it. I ordered a vodafone free sim from their website and will try register that to my name and use that sim to unlock the phone. Getting a bit silly now. If this doesn't work i'm afraid I won't be joining giffgaff Smiley Sad.

If any other ex vodafone people here willing to help a newbie out, give me a shout/some advice!

Thanks Smiley Happy

Message 14 of 15
by: col1968
on: 20/02/2013 | 08:55

Cant you take it to a local phone shop and get it unlocked ?

Message 15 of 15