Get Help
Community

iPhone 4 outgoing email settings

Started by: kellyjones
On: 25/07/2011 | 21:30
Replies: 9
Reply

by: kellyjones
on: 25/07/2011 | 21:30
Hi can anyone tell me the correct settings for sending emails on my iPhone 4 please

Thanks
Kelly
Message 1 of 10 (1,238 Views)
by: andreww
on: 25/07/2011 | 21:31

I had to use smtp.o2.co.uk to send from mine (Virgin Media)

Missing in Action (last seen in the pub) Smiley Very Happy
Message 2 of 10 (1,226 Views)
by: yuwa
on: 25/07/2011 | 21:33
do you mean the internet settings?? here's the guide for the iphone users - http://support.giffgaff.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/628
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 3 of 10 (1,221 Views)
by: roo2002
on: 25/07/2011 | 21:34

who is your email provider?

Click the yellow star under somebody's name if they helped!

Click the banner below to get a Giff Sim with £5 credit!

Click here for a free Sim or Micro Sim with £5 credit.
Message 4 of 10 (1,216 Views)
by: heathercharters
on: 25/07/2011 | 21:34

Are yiou after the settings for a particular email like hotmail or gmail?

 

If it's just general settings you're after try this http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Learn-giffgaff-Top-Tips/giffgaffer-s-guide-to-iPhone-4/td-p/52685

 

Incidentally gmail is smtp.gmail.com and port 25 if memory serves and hotmail is smtp.live.com also with port 25

Message 5 of 10 (1,215 Views)
by: spider079
on: 25/07/2011 | 21:36
Message 6 of 10 (1,211 Views)
by: rudedog
on: 25/07/2011 | 21:36

Hi kellyjones, setting up emails is super easy on the iPhone. Go to Settings, Mail/Contacts/Calender, Add Account, Choose Other (unless Yahoo or GMail, then choose them), then Add Mail Account, fill out the rest yourself and the iPhone will do the rest Smiley Happy

Reach for the stars if anyone has helped you Smiley Wink Also Accept the best Solution Smiley Happy
Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
Copy this code to your website to display this banner!
Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
Make your own banner at MyBannerMaker.com!
Message 7 of 10 (1,210 Views)
by: heathercharters
on: 25/07/2011 | 21:36

heathercharters wrote:

Are yiou after the settings for a particular email like hotmail or gmail?

 

If it's just general settings you're after try this http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Learn-giffgaff-Top-Tips/giffgaffer-s-guide-to-iPhone-4/td-p/52685

 

Incidentally gmail is smtp.gmail.com and port 25 if memory serves and hotmail is smtp.live.com also with port 25



Hotmail settings are if you're using pop but the iphone supports microsoft exchange which is a much easier way to set up email

Message 8 of 10 (1,209 Views)
by: rafaqat_hussain
on: 30/11/2011 | 18:20

heathercharters wrote:

heathercharters wrote:

Are yiou after the settings for a particular email like hotmail or gmail?

 

If it's just general settings you're after try this http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Learn-giffgaff-Top-Tips/giffgaffer-s-guide-to-iPhone-4/td-p/52685

 

Incidentally gmail is smtp.gmail.com and port 25 if memory serves and hotmail is smtp.live.com also with port 25

 

 

thanks it worked Smiley Happy

 

 

Message 9 of 10 (1,122 Views)
by: valley_rita
on: 30/11/2011 | 18:50

andreww wrote:

I had to use smtp.o2.co.uk to send from mine (Virgin Media)



This is the one I used for my e-mail account (Freedom2Surf/TT Business).

 

Pretty sure it will work for most non-Hotmail etc e-mail accounts.

Message 10 of 10 (1,115 Views)