Knowledge Base
Community

internet

Started by: tharwa
On: 14/08/2011 | 20:36
Replies: 13

by: bertiebat
on: 14/08/2011 | 20:56 edited: 14/08/2011 | 20:57

@morganovicz the problem is probably that the internet settings haven't been applied yet.  Until the OP has done that can people actually be helpful and use a bit of common sense please.

OP please follow alant suggestion first and download the giffgaffAPN app as this is probably all you need to do.

If you still have problems after you have properly set up your phone to use the internet on giffgaff then it's unlikely but possible that you will need to get the agents to look into your account and remove the bar if there is one.

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 11 of 14
by: alant
on: 14/08/2011 | 21:48

@bertiebat wrote:

@morganovicz the problem is probably that the internet settings haven't been applied yet.  Until the OP has done that can people actually be helpful and use a bit of common sense please.

OP please follow alant suggestion first and download the giffgaffAPN app as this is probably all you need to do.

If you still have problems after you have properly set up your phone to use the internet on giffgaff then it's unlikely but possible that you will need to get the agents to look into your account and remove the bar if there is one.

Sound advice. First things first is always the way to go.

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 12 of 14
by: m9xx7demix
on: 14/08/2011 | 22:48

It probably won't work because if you bought a goodybag, they are experiencing technical issues currently regarding goodybags, so try again tomorrow and check the my giffgaff section of the site for a reminder of the confirmation.

Kind regards, Mickey

Please let me know I helped by awarding Best Answer or Kudos - thanks!
Free SIM and £5 credit: https://www.giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/m9xx7demix
Message 13 of 14
Highlighted
by: frazerclark
on: 14/08/2011 | 23:30
For handsets running the Android OS, there is a program available that installs everything within seconds.

You will need access to a Wi-Fi network in order to do so.

Once connected, search for an application called 'Giffgaff APN', once found download and allow it to install.

Then run the application, and select the first option which installs the required settings for Giffgaff, but also removes any other, now essentially 'void' settings that you would have used in the past.

Also, for your MMS service to work, you may also be required to text 'MMS' to 1010. This will set the service up for you. (took a few hours to complete for me)

If you have any further problems don't hesitate to post back!
If my post helped, please click the Yellow star below my username. If my post answered your question and it's now sorted, click 'Accept as Solution', this way it will prevent any more duplicate answers from being posted.
Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 14 of 14