Knowledge Base
Community

internet

Started by: nickvictoria
On: 06/08/2015 | 19:10
Replies: 5

by: nickvictoria
on: 06/08/2015 | 19:10
When I first started using giffgaff the internet was good now it's slow lagging and now I can hardly use it to watch videos on YouTube and other sites I use the £20.00 unlimited everything goodybag but it seems like the unlimited internet is not true as it gets slowed right down to bare minimum as I've been checking doing a ping test if this is how giffgaff is going I think it's time to use another provider really gutted used to love giffgaff and recommended them to lots of people won't be recommending anymore
Message 1 of 6
by: coco_bean101
on: 06/08/2015 | 19:13
Hi,

See the link below to check for any faults with the network in your area by simply entering your postcode:

www.bit.ly/ggservicestatus

Everything fine?

Then try a manual roam, this will update your connection with the network. See the link below on how to perform a manual roam:

http://is.gd/manualroam
Message 2 of 6
by: johnferris
on: 06/08/2015 | 19:14
yes i agree data is getting worse. i can only use gprs now
Message 3 of 6
by: baba03
on: 06/08/2015 | 19:17
Hiya @nickvictoria

Firstly check the signal in your area to check for any faults with the network in your area. You can do so by visiting this website www.bit.ly/ggservicestatus

The checker only gets updated once an hour so if your problem has just started, or you’re not sure how long it’s been happening, if it says all is good, keep trying for a while to see if it gets an update.

If everything is alright with the signal in your area then you should try a manual roam which will update your connection with the network. Click on this link to view how to do a manual roam http://is.gd/manualroam.

and turn your device off and on again to see if that helps
Click to get a free SIM with £5 Credit All sim sizes available
Message 5 of 6
by: nickvictoria
on: 06/08/2015 | 19:18
Thanks guys this is my first time using the community I appreciate your responses I'll go try your advice thanks again guys
Message 6 of 6