Knowledge Base
Community

internet

Started by: abu_muhammad
On: 07/12/2011 | 19:20
Replies: 8

by: abu_muhammad
on: 07/12/2011 | 19:20
how do i connect iphone to use giffgaff inter on the laptop i plugged it in but personal hotspots dissappeared so how do i use my internet on gifgaf on the laptop?
Message 1 of 9
by: diamond222
on: 07/12/2011 | 19:21
u can only with gigabags not with normal goodybags
~*``*~*``*~*``*~*``*~*``*~*``*~*``*~*``*~*``*~*``*~*``*~*``*~*``*~*``*~*``*~*``*~*``*~*

Free giffgaff Sim With £5 Free Credit

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 2 of 9
by: thegamer158
on: 07/12/2011 | 19:21 edited: 07/12/2011 | 19:23

Erm you can't tether a normal goodybag, it's against the terms and conditions. You need a gigabag.

If you have a gigabag, what you need is an app that will allow you to tether. Try 'Mifi', it is meant to allow you to tether either by connecting your laptop with ur phone, by creating a wifi hotspot, or via bluetooth

EDIT: it is not tethering if you have a gigabag running on your sim, which you then put in your iPhone. This would reduce the need to buy a dongle

KUDOS those who helped & 'ACCEPT AS SOLUTION' for those who answered your question Smiley Very Happy
Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 3 of 9
by: andylamb
on: 07/12/2011 | 19:21
Personal Hotspot is a network activated feature and because giffgaff are not official carriers for iPhone they can't override the o2 ipcc file and activate it.

It can only be used on giffgaff with jailbroken iPhones.
Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 4 of 9
by: drlatheef
on: 07/12/2011 | 19:22
You can't use a normal goodybag to tether. You can only use a gigabag to do that.
Message 5 of 9
Highlighted
by: gaz0
on: 07/12/2011 | 19:22

That would be tethering which is not allowed on a goodybag, youll need gigabags

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 6 of 9
by: pauloross90
on: 07/12/2011 | 19:23
Check out GiffGaff's mobile broadband deals at http://giffgaff.com/goodybags#data
If i've helped you today, please feel free to click and give Kudos.
Message 7 of 9
by: abu_muhammad
on: 08/12/2011 | 02:46
Ok thank you lot for the help and i invite u lot all to embrace islam the only way of life with no mistakes the only religion which worships one god and only 1 god
Message 8 of 9
by: mgb2
on: 08/12/2011 | 03:10

@abu_muhammad wrote:
Ok thank you lot for the help and i invite u lot all to embrace islam the only way of life with no mistakes the only religion which worships one god and only 1 god

have you seen any other messages promoting the users personal belief system???

best keep that for where it's appropriate mate.

this forum is about phones not anybodies personal choice of idol to worship.

there are many different gods & many different cultures that follow them but here there is no room for a god*, IT'S A PHONE SITE

* except possibly Android

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
be nice, kudos where due, solution if earnt
Message 9 of 9