Knowledge Base
Community

internet

Started by: tharwa
On: 14/08/2011 | 20:36
Replies: 13

by: tharwa
on: 14/08/2011 | 20:36
I have recently activated my sim and I have topped up too...I have also put the internet settings but my internet still doesn't work...I have read the faqs and it says Der will b a data bar on the sim dat will need to be removed manually as it hasn't removed it automatically....plz help as I need data as soon as possible....I have a HTC wildfire...thanks
Message 1 of 14
by: danny_glover
on: 14/08/2011 | 20:37

Firstly have you got creditt or a goodbag active on the phone?

Message 2 of 14
by: fanila
on: 14/08/2011 | 20:38
Begin by going to, Settings > Wireless & networkes > Mobile networks > Access Point Names >

APNs = new
Name = 02 Pay and Go
APN = giffgaff.com
Proxy = 193.113.200.195
Port = 8080
Username = giffgaff
Password = password
Server = <Not set>
MMSC = htp://mmsc.mms.02.co.uk:8002
MMS port = 8080
MMS protocol = Wap 2.0
MNC = 10
Authentication type = None
APN type = *

these are some manual tips
Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 3 of 14
by: voodoomama
on: 14/08/2011 | 20:39

If you have a data bar on your sim, you'll have to contact an agent to have it removed, or go to an O2 shop

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Has your question been answered? Don't forget to ACCEPT A SOLUTION
Have I helped? Click on my star Smiley Wink
Message 4 of 14
by: allwyn
on: 14/08/2011 | 20:39

There shouldn't be a bar on your sim unless it was a replacement sim.

Head over here and try to input the settings again:http://support.giffgaff.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/605/kw/HTC%20wildfire%20S

Also, are you sure you've got your credit come through. It should show up on your My giffgaff page on the right hand side.

Message 5 of 14
by: prince_zak
on: 14/08/2011 | 20:40

are you sure you have bought the goody bag and its active? text settings to 2020 and then save the settings as default.

Message 6 of 14
by: josh_fraser
on: 14/08/2011 | 20:41
Contact an adgent and ask them to check if you have a data bar in your sim. If so they should remove and you'll be up and running in no time. Josh Smiley Happy
Message 7 of 14
by: chubuking
on: 14/08/2011 | 20:45
Also please make sure all other settings are deleted and that giffgaff is set as your default profile

Downloading the giffgaff apn app is also easier to setup

for a micro sim go to http://apps.giffgaff.com/microgaff/directrequest.php?r=chubuking

i always try to give to correct answer so please kudos and accept as solution when i do
Message 8 of 14
by: alant
on: 14/08/2011 | 20:46

@tharwa wrote:
I have recently activated my sim and I have topped up too...I have also put the internet settings but my internet still doesn't work...I have read the faqs and it says Der will b a data bar on the sim dat will need to be removed manually as it hasn't removed it automatically....plz help as I need data as soon as possible....I have a HTC wildfire...thanks

Right, this is an Android phone, so here's what to do:

Use wifi and browse to Android Market. Download and install the 'giffgaffAPN' app. Run the app and select option 2. That will install a clean GG APN.

Don't bother texting settings to 2020 as that won't work (on your phone). As long as you have credit or a £10+ goodybag, you should be in business.

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 9 of 14
by: morganovicz
on: 14/08/2011 | 20:51

The problem here is the data bar. You need to contact an agent to get this removed, or take it into a phone shop; if they cant remmove it they'll be able to recommend someone who can. I would go to an agent first to find out why the data bar is there, as there shouldnt normally be one. Don't bother texting settings to any number or other stuff like that, speak to an agent.

They say theyll get back to you in 24 hours, but it normally takes longer so be patient.

Morganovicz

If you found my respose useful, please kudos me by clicking the star, as i do try to help.
Message 10 of 14