on: 20/01/2011 | 07:35

Can I purchase Internet access using GiffGaff

Message 1 of 10
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
by: cola
on: 20/01/2011 | 07:37
Giffgaff sims are only to be used in a mobile phone and not an iPad currently.
If I helped you or you now realise how cool I am, hit the red star below to give me Kudos Smiley Happy...If your question has been answered then click on the "Accept as Solution" to close the query down & let me know you are sorted!!!
Message 2 of 10
Highlighted
on: 20/01/2011 | 07:37
Giffgaff sims are only to be used in a mobile phone and not an iPad currently.
If I helped you or you now realise how cool I am, hit the red star below to give me Kudos Smiley Happy...If your question has been answered then click on the "Accept as Solution" to close the query down & let me know you are sorted!!!
Message 2 of 10
by: darren10
on: 20/01/2011 | 07:40
Its against gg t&cs to use the sim for tethering . You can only use the sim in devices that can make and receive calls im afraid
Message 3 of 10
by: daveysludge
on: 20/01/2011 | 07:55

It's strictly prohibited at the moment, but GG are looking into the possibility of implementing something after the free data ends...

I wouldn't hold your breath though!

micro Simmicro Simmicro Sim
Message 4 of 10
by: wilky
on: 20/01/2011 | 08:18
its in the top ten of most asked questions on this forum so should be looked at if this network is run by members...
Message 5 of 10
on: 20/01/2011 | 08:25
I'm sure everyone would like to win the lottery, but it doesn't mean they should get it! Having said that, I would buy an IPad today if I could get a cheap unlimited Internet package!
Message 6 of 10
by: adscan
on: 20/01/2011 | 09:02

i think gg need to understand what their customers want. data use on an iPad would not be far greater than that of an iPhone 4 or a flash enabled android smartphone. 

a goodybag with just data and no calls or texts would work in my opinion.

Message 7 of 10
by: wilky
on: 20/01/2011 | 09:09
@adscan, exactly.. don't see the issue tbh
Message 8 of 10
on: 20/01/2011 | 10:05
@willy & adscan, as a matter of interest what would you both be willing to pay for U/L Internet in an iPad?
Message 9 of 10
by: petext200
on: 20/01/2011 | 11:26
guys, the fact is some people MAY use too much data for price and that's why giffgaff aren't doing this kind of thing. wilky you know this yourself, using 20gb on a wildfire... imagine what you could do with an ipad. Guys, as of yet, it's not happening, get used to it.
Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 10 of 10