Community

josieharrington has a question about Maximize use of data allowance

Started by: josieharrington
On: 24/04/2018 | 22:12
Replies: 3

Go to best answer
by: josieharrington
on: 24/04/2018 | 22:12
I seem to only use less than a quarter (200mb) of my 1gb data allowance. Am I maximizing the use of my data allownce? If not what settings do I need to adjust?
Message 1 of 4
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
by: alexmgg2
on: 24/04/2018 | 22:26

@josieharrington

I assume you use the £7.50 goodybag.

To be honest, you probably are on the most economical goodybag.  A £5 goodybag would only give you half the data you need, and although you could use PAYG data at the "with goodybag" rate of 2p per megabyte (so £2 for another 100MB), that would also limit you to 500 texts and 250 minutes, as well as the complication of having to buy a £10 airtime credit top-up every 4 months.

For a theoretical saving of £6 per year (assuming you didn't need any extra call or texts), I would stick with the £7.50 goodybag, and the peace of mind of knowing that I had a load of data in reserve if I suddenly found I needed more unexpectedly.

Good luck!

If someones answer has helped you solve your problem, please consider setting it as Best answer, or leaving them Kudos points. Thanks!
Message 3 of 4
by: jt_21
on: 24/04/2018 | 22:19

josieharrington wrote:

I seem to only use less than a quarter (200mb) of my 1gb data allowance. Am I maximizing the use of my data allownce? If not what settings do I need to adjust?

@josieharrington No, you are doing very well on that goodybag .. If you dropped to the cheapest £5 goodybag it only has 100mb and wouldn't be enough. Basically, you have plenty of mobile data to use 🙂

Message 2 of 4
by: alexmgg2
on: 24/04/2018 | 22:26

@josieharrington

I assume you use the £7.50 goodybag.

To be honest, you probably are on the most economical goodybag.  A £5 goodybag would only give you half the data you need, and although you could use PAYG data at the "with goodybag" rate of 2p per megabyte (so £2 for another 100MB), that would also limit you to 500 texts and 250 minutes, as well as the complication of having to buy a £10 airtime credit top-up every 4 months.

For a theoretical saving of £6 per year (assuming you didn't need any extra call or texts), I would stick with the £7.50 goodybag, and the peace of mind of knowing that I had a load of data in reserve if I suddenly found I needed more unexpectedly.

Good luck!

If someones answer has helped you solve your problem, please consider setting it as Best answer, or leaving them Kudos points. Thanks!
Message 3 of 4
Highlighted
by: josieharrington
on: 24/04/2018 | 22:31
Thank you, just thought that maybe, I was not using data allowance to its best.
Message 4 of 4