Community

just need a straight forward answer - iphone 6

Started by: benleach14
On: 10/10/2014 | 20:13
Replies: 7

Go to best answer
by: benleach14
on: 10/10/2014 | 20:13
hi all, can someone guide me through on what i need to. and is this even possible. basically i just want to use giff gaf to finance a new iphone 6 16gb gold. so i want to buy the phone and am i right in saying you have to buy a goody bag to start when u order it? then you can cancel it after the first payment? so after i cancel goody bag and i can put my current ( contract sim ) thats in my 5s in the new one and go from there only paying of the phone on monthly payments for 24 months and not pay for any goodybags etc? hope that makes sense?? going to order tonight so please help Smiley Happy Smiley Happy thank youu !
Message 1 of 8
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
by: figment_uk
on: 10/10/2014 | 20:22

@benleach14 wrote:
hi all, can someone guide me through on what i need to. and is this even possible. basically i just want to use giff gaf to finance a new iphone 6 16gb gold. so i want to buy the phone and am i right in saying you have to buy a goody bag to start when u order it? then you can cancel it after the first payment? so after i cancel goody bag and i can put my current ( contract sim ) thats in my 5s in the new one and go from there only paying of the phone on monthly payments for 24 months and not pay for any goodybags etc? hope that makes sense?? going to order tonight so please help Smiley Happy Smiley Happy thank youu !

If you do not already have an active giffgaff SIM card, you have to buy a goodybag with the new phone. You do not need to activate this if you have no intention of using giffgaff, but you cannot cancel it unless you return the phone for refund.

So you can:

Whatever you decide, you must keep up the repayments to RateSetter, but you are not committed to stay with giffgaff.

I do not work for giffgaff, so cannot check anything on your account. This is a public community - please do not post any personal info.
Message 4 of 8
by: nareen20395
on: 10/10/2014 | 20:16
You have to buy the first goodybag and that's it
Message 2 of 8
Highlighted
by: somia7863
on: 10/10/2014 | 20:17
Uhave to pay for the phone then pay for a goodybag on top
Message 3 of 8
on: 10/10/2014 | 20:22

@benleach14 wrote:

If you do not already have an active giffgaff SIM card, you have to buy a goodybag with the new phone. You do not need to activate this if you have no intention of using giffgaff, but you cannot cancel it unless you return the phone for refund.

So you can:

Whatever you decide, you must keep up the repayments to RateSetter, but you are not committed to stay with giffgaff.

I do not work for giffgaff, so cannot check anything on your account. This is a public community - please do not post any personal info.
Message 4 of 8
by: allan1954
on: 10/10/2014 | 20:24
welcome ratesetter rules 21 or over have good credit history and lived at your address 3 years or over.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 5 of 8
by: nigelbrooks
on: 10/10/2014 | 20:38

@benleach14 

You've got it in one Ben.

Buy the phone and the first goodybag.

Cancel the goodybag after the first month

Job done.

Get a free giffgaff Sim
I donate 100% of my SIM activation payback to charity, please help me boost the donation
Message 6 of 8
by: nytram_1
on: 10/10/2014 | 20:45
You need to by your first goodybag then you are free to do what you want
Message 7 of 8
on: 10/10/2014 | 20:45

@allan1954 wrote:
welcome ratesetter rules 21 or over have good credit history and lived at your address 3 years or over.

@allan1954 

RateSetter have different T&Cs for giffgaff purchases, with an age restriction of 18

http://www.ratesetter.com/Home/TermsAndConditions

(scroll down to find the 'RATESETTER TERMS AND CONDITIONS for giffgaff borrowers and lenders')

Message 8 of 8