Community

keep my number?

Started by: bonag48
On: 13/07/2018 | 04:57
Replies: 3

Go to best answer
by: bonag48
on: 13/07/2018 | 04:57

Can i keep my mobile number for a longer time without using the service?

Message 1 of 4
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
by: persco
on: 13/07/2018 | 05:03

bonag48 wrote:

Hi @bonag48 Yes you can but remember a SIM card is deactivated when it has not been used for the last 6 months so if you fulfil one of the activities below once every 6 months, you are fine:

· a) make at least one call, SMS or MMS to another number (not including calls to emergency services )
· b) make at least one connection to the Internet
· c) make at least one airtime credit or goodybag purchase

These criteria are defined to prevent the deactivation of members with very little activity or who are active on the Community without using their SIM card much.

* For technical reasons, the following calls do not apply: emergency calls, SMSes or calls to giffgaff services (e.g. 2020, 43430).

For more info see here

And

Please do set BEST ANSWER for posts that help you. Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 2 of 4
by: persco
on: 13/07/2018 | 05:03

bonag48 wrote:

Hi @bonag48 Yes you can but remember a SIM card is deactivated when it has not been used for the last 6 months so if you fulfil one of the activities below once every 6 months, you are fine:

· a) make at least one call, SMS or MMS to another number (not including calls to emergency services )
· b) make at least one connection to the Internet
· c) make at least one airtime credit or goodybag purchase

These criteria are defined to prevent the deactivation of members with very little activity or who are active on the Community without using their SIM card much.

* For technical reasons, the following calls do not apply: emergency calls, SMSes or calls to giffgaff services (e.g. 2020, 43430).

For more info see here

And

Please do set BEST ANSWER for posts that help you. Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 2 of 4
by: connorll
on: 13/07/2018 | 05:36

@bonag48  

Sims deactivate if not used for 6 months.

Deactivation should be considered permanent. It will result in the loss of any credit and the account's phone number.

You will usually get a text or email before this happens, but it is best not to rely on it because if you're not using your sim, you're probably not reading texts either and emails can go unread or be sorted to spam

Best answer is to prevent deactivation by making an outgoing call, text or topup before the 6 months is up. A £10 topup will keep it active for the first 6 months and thereafter a 5p (or 30p if you're outside Europe) outgoing text could keep it active and in credit for many many years.

Message 3 of 4
by: gdruby
on: 13/07/2018 | 07:08
@bonag48

To keep the SIM and number active, at least once every six months, your Account is used to:

a) make at least one call, SMS or MMS to another number (not including calls to emergency services or Member Services);
b) make at least one connection to the Internet (Not through WiFi);
c) make at least one airtime credit or Bundle purchase.
Message 4 of 4