Do you want a free sim with £5 credit order it via banner below

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 1 of 12
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
by: djbonner07
on: 25/10/2012 | 22:13
[ giffgaff Kudos ]

'Kudos' is a big old thumbs up to a post and the person.

( What are Kudos )

This is a way to give positive feedback to another member based on their initial post or reply.

( Why give Kudos )

A couple of reasons ? its good for the community and good for the member receiving the Kudos!

It helps identify great posts, when you are scanning posts you can see particularly good posts/ threads that have a few Kudos?.

Additionally as a way for recognising the time and effort someone has put in and encourages good discussion. The number of Kudos someone received also helps their community ranking and also helps build giffgaff points.

( How to give Kudos )

It couldnt be simpler. On the left side of every post you see a star with a number, just click on the star and you will see the number on the left jump up by 1.

( What's in it for me )

Giving Kudos feels good. And if thats not enough, giving Kudos is built into some of the ranking formulas, so along with a whole bunch of other factors ? it can help increase your rank.

http://bit.ly/giffgaffkudos - Guide to kudos

Source: http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Learn-giffgaff-Top-Tips/How-to-give-Kudos/m-p/895/highlight/true#M7...
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 3 of 12
by: farnis
on: 25/10/2012 | 22:12

A way to say 'thank you'. Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 12
on: 25/10/2012 | 22:13
[ giffgaff Kudos ]

'Kudos' is a big old thumbs up to a post and the person.

( What are Kudos )

This is a way to give positive feedback to another member based on their initial post or reply.

( Why give Kudos )

A couple of reasons ? its good for the community and good for the member receiving the Kudos!

It helps identify great posts, when you are scanning posts you can see particularly good posts/ threads that have a few Kudos?.

Additionally as a way for recognising the time and effort someone has put in and encourages good discussion. The number of Kudos someone received also helps their community ranking and also helps build giffgaff points.

( How to give Kudos )

It couldnt be simpler. On the left side of every post you see a star with a number, just click on the star and you will see the number on the left jump up by 1.

( What's in it for me )

Giving Kudos feels good. And if thats not enough, giving Kudos is built into some of the ranking formulas, so along with a whole bunch of other factors ? it can help increase your rank.

http://bit.ly/giffgaffkudos - Guide to kudos

Source: http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Learn-giffgaff-Top-Tips/How-to-give-Kudos/m-p/895/highlight/true#M7...
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 3 of 12
by: master33
on: 25/10/2012 | 22:16
great,
Thanks.

Do you want a free sim with £5 credit order it via banner below

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 4 of 12
by: viv3
on: 25/10/2012 | 22:17

djbonner07 I think you deserve a kudos for that answer explaining kudos

so one given Smiley LOL

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 5 of 12
on: 25/10/2012 | 22:17
You're very welcome Smiley Happy
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 6 of 12
by: goonerrick
on: 25/10/2012 | 22:19
From the OP its a way of saying thank you. When given by others it is a way of agreeing with a post.

I will give kudos to answers in a thread that I consider to be correct. I tend to do this on threads where there are a number of replies I consider to be wrong.

Rick.
Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 9 of 12
by: aerus
on: 25/10/2012 | 22:27

Just a thought of the origin of the word kudos:

It comes from the Ancient Greek κῦδος, which means "praise, renown".

Remember to give Kudos & Accept as solution to posts from the community if they have helped. Thx
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 10 of 12