Knowledge Base
Community

martinlwilson has a question about i have 110 minutes left on goody bag, why can't i use these to call republic of ireland?

Started by: martinlwilson
On: 08/02/2018 | 10:51
Replies: 6

by: martinlwilson
on: 08/02/2018 | 10:51
i have 110 minutes left on goody bag, why can't i use these to call republic of ireland? i do not expect a long call
Message 1 of 7
by: danhamman
on: 08/02/2018 | 10:52

This would be an international call - which cannot come from your goodybag

PAYG credit required

https://giffgaff.com/top-up

@martinlwilson

.:.
Message 2 of 7
by: johnrooney80
on: 08/02/2018 | 10:53
R.O.I is international @martinlwilson
You need Airtime buddy
Message 3 of 7
by: dalan
on: 08/02/2018 | 10:54

Hello @martinlwilson. Goodybags can only be used to call and text uk registered numbers to anywhere in the world. 

You will need to top your credit and use that. 

Here are the prices to to call or text abroad from the uk.

http://giffgaff.com/index/international

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 4 of 7
by: sammy103
on: 08/02/2018 | 10:56
Hi @martinlwilson

Are you using the SIM in the UK? There is a lot of confusion with the new EU roaming directive especially with the ‘tag line’ ‘roam like at home’. You cannot roam like at home as use in your ‘home’ country is not roaming.

The EU directive ONLY applies to use of your SIM outside your home country it does not legislate for charges while using a UK SIM while in the UK

If you are calling from the UK you are not roaming and normal international call charges apply.
To call internationally from the UK you still, as you always did, require airtime credit from www.giffgaff.com/buy/topup .

Get a free giffgaff SIM/microSIM/nanoSIM with free £5 credit
Message 5 of 7
by: sheppola
on: 08/02/2018 | 11:10

martinlwilson wrote:

i have 110 minutes left on goody bag, why can't i use these to call republic of ireland? i do not expect a long call

See other posts as well but I have a pal in Ireland and we use,"WhatsApp" to call and message then I don't use my,"Airtime Credit" as I'm a tightwad<grin> Smiley Very Happy

If forum posts help please click the Kudos Button and or,"Best Answer"
"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
Message 6 of 7
Highlighted
by: giffgaff20147
on: 08/02/2018 | 11:43

@martinlwilson

Hello goodybags only work for calls for calls to landlines and mobiles in uk , 

you need credit to call anywhere else in world including Ireland 

Message 7 of 7