Knowledge Base
Community

maxwell2006 has a question about my iphone5s has stopped downloading EMail automatically

Started by: maxwell2006
On: 08/03/2018 | 09:21
Replies: 3

Go to best answer
by: maxwell2006
on: 08/03/2018 | 09:21
My iphone5s has stopped downloading EMail automatically, I have checked the settings are correct, I have deleted and re-installed my EMail account and I have re-set all settings but still no automatic download of EMail
Message 1 of 4
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
by: littlechris1989
on: 08/03/2018 | 09:27 edited: 08/03/2018 | 09:31

Hi,

You need to do the following steps to get automatic email downloads:

1. Launch the "Settings" app on your iPhone and 2. Tap the "Mail, Contacts, Calendars" button. 3. Tap Fetch New Data. 4. The Choose "Every 15 Minutes" button to instruct your iPhone to automatically fetch new emails at 15-minute intervals. Alternatively, tap the appropriate buttons to activate "Every 30 Minutes" and "Hourly" options.

I hope that helps answer your question.

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 2 of 4
Highlighted
by: littlechris1989
on: 08/03/2018 | 09:27 edited: 08/03/2018 | 09:31

Hi,

You need to do the following steps to get automatic email downloads:

1. Launch the "Settings" app on your iPhone and 2. Tap the "Mail, Contacts, Calendars" button. 3. Tap Fetch New Data. 4. The Choose "Every 15 Minutes" button to instruct your iPhone to automatically fetch new emails at 15-minute intervals. Alternatively, tap the appropriate buttons to activate "Every 30 Minutes" and "Hourly" options.

I hope that helps answer your question.

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 2 of 4
by: uvbmike
on: 08/03/2018 | 09:37 edited: 08/03/2018 | 09:38

Is this a gmail account you are talking about and are you using the iOS mail app to download your messages?
For some unknown reason gmail doesn't seem to work well on the iOS app. I have the same problem - it simple doesn't ever download or notify new email even though all the settings are correct.

If you are trying to access a gmail account via the iOS mail app, I suggest you download the google mail app as well. This will then work properly and download your mail immediately notifying you of its arrival. Then you can view it in the iOS mail app if you prefer that format.

If someone has answered your question to your satisfaction, please use the 'Set as Best Answer' button to set that answer as the best answer. Thank you Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 4
by: naythunjonez
on: 08/03/2018 | 09:59

I'm using an exchange account on the IOS Mail app and I have to refresh manually - Has been the same for a couple of weeks now, I assume it's an Apple problem. (iPhone 6S)

Message 4 of 4