Knowledge Base
Community

__mrspock__ has a question about Link multiple numbers to one account

Started by: __mrspock__
On: 11/03/2018 | 06:24
Replies: 11

by: __mrspock__
on: 11/03/2018 | 06:24
Is there a way to link multiple numbers with their own goody bags to one account profile? I tried a couple of things but then just ended up creating a separate account. Might be worthwhile creating family type accounts that can have multiple numbers and plans linked.
Message 1 of 12
by: lynnie_
on: 11/03/2018 | 06:33
You can only have 1 account to 1 sim only. But you can use same bank details and address with all accounts but must have different usernames.. and never confuse accounts or you may topup wrong member phone number..good luck
Message 2 of 12
by: ri4456
on: 11/03/2018 | 07:28
No sorry each sim will require its own account with diffrent username although the passwords can be the same.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 3 of 12
by: robertmahony
on: 11/03/2018 | 07:30

Sorry you can only have One Sim (one Number) on any account.

Message 4 of 12
by: terencedaly
on: 11/03/2018 | 08:22

__mrspock__ wrote:

Is there a way to link multiple numbers with their own goody bags to one account profile? I tried a couple of things but then just ended up creating a separate account. Might be worthwhile creating family type accounts that can have multiple numbers and plans linked.

Hi @__mrspock__

This option is not available and for good reasons, it is best to keep account seperate that way if there is a problem with one number it can easily be sorted out.

If all numbers were pooled into one account it would make it difficult to keep track of who needs credit/goodybag and there would be many incidents of wrong numbers being topped up.

You can however open different account for each sim card and use the same

Email address

Personnel Name

Payment method

Home address

The only thing that needs to be different is the membername used for the giffgaff account and of course each account would have a different giffgaff number.

By using the same details if you wanted to set up accounts for all your family members (Children ) you still have the full options of maintaining there accounts.

Please Note:

When you leave your payment details on a family members account ( Children ) this gives them the option to purchase goodybags early or add PAYG credit from your payment card

Hope this helps

Terry

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 5 of 12
by: clikasarus
on: 11/03/2018 | 08:26
@_mrspock_ Hi welcome to giffgaff and the community
Unfortunately it’s strictly one sim per account on giffgaff you can however have a second account with the same payment method and password but with a different username
I hope this helps
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 6 of 12
on: 11/03/2018 | 08:54
Makes sense and that's what I thought. Thanks for the prompt reply.
Message 7 of 12
on: 11/03/2018 | 08:56
Makes sense, thanks for the reply, I do think that a management feature for Family accounts would be good to have, even through a parent child account relationship (no pun intended) where the master account is somehow linked to the other accounts.

Thanks again!
Message 8 of 12
by: giffgaffprepper
on: 11/03/2018 | 08:59

__mrspock__ wrote:

Makes sense, thanks for the reply, I do think that a management feature for Family accounts would be good to have, even through a parent child account relationship (no pun intended) where the master account is somehow linked to the other accounts.

Thanks again!

@__mrspock__

gg are currently looking into development for being able to manage more than one sim / number by one account, so it may happen at some point?

Message 9 of 12
by: p33t3r
on: 11/03/2018 | 09:01

Just out of interest there is an initiative to get the idea running, so it may be available in the future. I n my family we make it simple by having the same carf details and password but with different usernames 

Message 10 of 12