Community

my Samsung Galaxy Ace Duos2 handset is not working properly

Started by: mikelarter
On: 21/04/2018 | 08:59
Replies: 5

Go to best answer
by: mikelarter
on: 21/04/2018 | 08:59

my handset is a nightmare. there may be a battery issue as the phone keeps turning off and on automatically all the time??

I have a PAYG SIM card with GiffGaff and only used the service for cheap calls and texts and hardly use any data.  I need a new modern handset but don't want to pay big money....Can I get a new mobile handset for free if I buy a monthly goodybag or switch to contract with GiffGaff?   

Any suggestions please would be great?

Message 1 of 6
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
by: dianascot1
on: 21/04/2018 | 09:07
Sorry to hear your having problems with your phone. You can't get a phone for free with giffgaff unfortunately.

I've had a look at the phones giffgaff offer, and you may be interested in the following. You can purchase a refurbished Samsung J3 2017 for either £99 or £3.68 per month (over 24 months). So you could pay your monthly goodybag cost +£3.68 and have a relatively new phone which should last you a few years.

Here is the link to this phone if you want to take a look and see what you think:

https://giffgaff.com/mobile-phones/samsung/samsung-galaxy-j3-2017-refurbished/phone-details

Any further questions please let us know Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 6
by: nigelbrooks
on: 21/04/2018 | 09:01 edited: 21/04/2018 | 09:02

@mikelarter

giffgaff do not offer contracts and therefore do not offer free or subsidised phones.

Whay not take your Duos to any of the Samsung Experience Centres, they can give it a look over and tell you what is wrong?

It may be something really simple and therefore cheap to fix. 

Get a free giffgaff Sim
I donate 100% of my SIM activation payback to charity, please help me boost the donation
Message 2 of 6
by: martinmorgan78
on: 21/04/2018 | 09:05

Hi @mikelarter 

We accept repairs for all the phones which have been purchased on giffgaff and which have not been exposed to a damp environment or damaged with liquid.

Please note that member damages voids the phone's warranty. If you are sending a damaged phone and this phone is repairable, we will repair it at a cost and issue a quote.https://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Solve-your-questions/How-to-send-a-phone-for-repair/ta-p/10441573

Message 3 of 6
Highlighted
by: dianascot1
on: 21/04/2018 | 09:07
Sorry to hear your having problems with your phone. You can't get a phone for free with giffgaff unfortunately.

I've had a look at the phones giffgaff offer, and you may be interested in the following. You can purchase a refurbished Samsung J3 2017 for either £99 or £3.68 per month (over 24 months). So you could pay your monthly goodybag cost +£3.68 and have a relatively new phone which should last you a few years.

Here is the link to this phone if you want to take a look and see what you think:

https://giffgaff.com/mobile-phones/samsung/samsung-galaxy-j3-2017-refurbished/phone-details

Any further questions please let us know Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 6
by: defraybo2
on: 21/04/2018 | 09:11
If all you want to do is use PAYG for calls and texts I would think a basic cheap device purchased new would be your best option that way you get the max warranty
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 5 of 6
by: andreathecat
on: 21/04/2018 | 09:33
No... you can buy a phone paying it each month... you can sell your other phone to giffgaff to get some money
If my answer has helped you, please feel free to mark mine as best answer by clicking on Accept as solution
Thanks much
Cheers
Message 6 of 6