Knowledge Base
Community

my roaming off

Started by: washingtonduan
On: 17/02/2019 | 11:03
Replies: 6

by: washingtonduan
on: 17/02/2019 | 11:03
hi, i am a PAYG member. i use my giffgaff occasionally. but my roaming in Spain was turned off. could you please ask the giffgaff team to turn my roaming back on so that i could use it in case? my number Smiley Embarassed**phone_number_removed** W. Duan
Message 1 of 7
by: boblog
on: 17/02/2019 | 11:08
Hi there, have you made a call or text whilst in the Uk in the last 60 days? It is a requirement to maintain the EU roaming feature that you are, do prevent non UK residents from using the roaming service.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 2 of 7
by: endorphin
on: 17/02/2019 | 11:11

Hi @washingtonduan it sounds like you have been 60 days or longer in Spain which means that the Roam Like at Home feature has expired. You need to use your SIM in the UK for a while before it will be reactivated.

See here Key info for roaming in the EU and selected destinations

Get a free giffgaff SIM/microSIM/nanoSIM with free £5 credit
Message 3 of 7
on: 17/02/2019 | 11:30
sorry, i dont need free roaming from giffgaff . i use my giffgaff occasionall. you can charge my giffgaff account like i make calls here in Spain.
Message 4 of 7
by: figment_uk
on: 17/02/2019 | 11:52

@washingtonduan

If you are not using goodybags, the "EU Roaming" setting in your profile is irrelevent, you can use your SIM and pay per call, per SMS and per megabyte from airtime credit. 

If you are unable to use your phone in Spain, try selecting a different roaming partner network.

Incidentally, depending on your actual usage,  buying the £5 goodybag  (although it will not work) will give you cheaper PAYG rates of 3.2p/min, 1p/SMS and 0.47p/MB

I do not work for giffgaff, so cannot check anything on your account. This is a public community - please do not post any personal info.
Message 5 of 7
on: 17/02/2019 | 13:39
hi, cant use my giffgaff sim in my smart phone. no signal ! but the sim is ok in any old style phones. could you switch roaming back on for my sim card ?
Message 6 of 7
by: figment_uk
on: 17/02/2019 | 13:54

@washingtonduan wrote:

hi, cant use my giffgaff sim in my smart phone. no signal ! but the sim is ok in any old style phones. could you switch roaming back on for my sim card ?

@washingtonduan

If the SIM works in any phone at all, there is nothing wrong with the SIM or your giffgaff account.   

Check that you have the correct settings in your APN profile.   You need the specific settings for giffgaff.  Your phone may have the settings for O2, which would work OK when in the UK, but not elsewhere.

https://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Settings-for-your-device/Internet-and-MMS-settings-APN-guide/ta-p/...

I do not work for giffgaff, so cannot check anything on your account. This is a public community - please do not post any personal info.
Message 7 of 7