Community

need my old number back

Started by: mamaspall
On: 05/08/2016 | 15:55
Replies: 4

Go to best answer
by: mamaspall
on: 05/08/2016 | 15:55

i lost my ohone so orderd a new sim from giffgaff. the day after i orderd a new phone that came with another new sim and goodybag. the problem is i activated the orginal sim with my old number on then activated the second sim trying to transfer the second sims goody bag now i have a completiy new number attached to my giffgaff account two sims Help please i wont my old number and sim attached to my giffgaff account 

Message 1 of 5
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Highlighted
by: he22ie
on: 05/08/2016 | 16:01
This sounds really complicated. In theory you can sim swap your old number on to a new sim
If your old number and account is still working. Otherwise I would copy this into an agent enquiry at support/ ask as they can get into the accounts and numbers
Message 3 of 5
by: robertsy69a
on: 05/08/2016 | 16:39
you can not transfer goodybags from 1 sim to another

cantact an agent as an Agent may help https://giffgaff.com/support/ask
Feel Free to Award KUDOS or Select ANSWER as BEST If I've Helped. Thanks.
Get a free giffgaff Sim by Clicking HERE
Message 4 of 5
by: figment_uk
on: 05/08/2016 | 16:42

@mamaspall

If you activated both SIM cards on the same account only the last SIM you activated will be working, and it will have your original number (unless you use the 'change number' option)

If you activated the SIM that came with the phone on a new account, it will have a new number, and you were probably required to add credit or a goodybag to activate it.

I do not work for giffgaff, so cannot check anything on your account. This is a public community - please do not post any personal info.
Message 5 of 5