Community

network problems

Started by: georgetown_82
On: 29/11/2012 | 21:34
Replies: 12

Go to best answer
by: georgetown_82
on: 29/11/2012 | 21:34

had problems with receiving phones all day today...even with making calls...anyone else had that today? is there any problem or? 

Message 1 of 13
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
by: jburnham96
on: 29/11/2012 | 21:35

Hey there, 

Sorry to hear you are experiencing an issue with your goodybag/topping up; sadly there are issues at the moment which include the following: 

• Some £10 goodybags this morning have been applied with incorrect levels of data allowance and minutes.
  • Some accounts are showing "Balance N/A" and others are showing pending, processing or updating when buying a goodybag or top up.
  • Some members are unable to buy goodybags or top up.
  • Issues with outgoing calls and texts.

The latest update from 21:22 from Sarah is the following:

"We're continuing to test, but it looks like the engineers have found the root cause - the problem was that part of our system had stopped communicating with our network nodes. They're working on bringing this back up and I'll let you know what's what shortly.

Thanks for your patience guys."

If you want to check the latest update please check the service updates by clicking here.

Hope you're having a good evening!

- Jordan

Message 2 of 13
by: jburnham96

Hey there, 

Sorry to hear you are experiencing an issue with your goodybag/topping up; sadly there are issues at the moment which include the following: 

• Some £10 goodybags this morning have been applied with incorrect levels of data allowance and minutes.
  • Some accounts are showing "Balance N/A" and others are showing pending, processing or updating when buying a goodybag or top up.
  • Some members are unable to buy goodybags or top up.
  • Issues with outgoing calls and texts.

The latest update from 21:22 from Sarah is the following:

"We're continuing to test, but it looks like the engineers have found the root cause - the problem was that part of our system had stopped communicating with our network nodes. They're working on bringing this back up and I'll let you know what's what shortly.

Thanks for your patience guys."

If you want to check the latest update please check the service updates by clicking here.

Hope you're having a good evening!

- Jordan

Message 2 of 13
by: shoiab786
restart your phone mate i had no issue though Smiley Happy

Order your FREE giffgaff sim below

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 4 of 13
by: pad3
on: 29/11/2012 | 21:36
yes there's been call and text issues today
Message 5 of 13
by: nerakb
on: 29/11/2012 | 21:38

A number of members are reporting this issue and giffgaff are aware of these issues.Have a look at the links posted above.

Please remember to mark a post "Best Answer" which appropriately answers your question/query.Please remember to also award kudos to posts you've found helpful/useful.

Get a free giffgaff Sim

Message 6 of 13
by: jackclayx
on: 29/11/2012 | 21:41

I think theres a service issue here: http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Service-Updates-Notice-board/Goodybags-issues-29-11-2012/m-p/688203...

In future it would be best to read through the forum and you should be able to quickly see other users discussing the problem without having to create your own post.

Message 7 of 13
by: worsdall
on: 29/11/2012 | 21:49
They're experiencing technical difficulties today! Hang on for 24 hours before trying again. If not, contact an agent, via the 'my giffgaff' page
Get a free Giffgaff Sim

Want a free GiffGaff Sim with £5 free credit?! Press the picture above!!
PS. Have i helped you? If so, please press the yellow star to the left!
Message 8 of 13
by: gerradwy
on: 29/11/2012 | 21:56
test your sim in other phone
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 9 of 13
by: georgetown_82
on: 29/11/2012 | 22:07
i think not everyone was affected by the bad service...i was unfortunately
Message 10 of 13