Community

new phone

Started by: johnr71
On: 19/07/2018 | 19:55
Replies: 5

Go to best answer
by: johnr71
on: 19/07/2018 | 19:55

Regarding the advice some of you gave me, I bought from giff gaff a shiny new Moto G5 and it's super as you said it would be. However I had to put a new sim in it as the old one from the previous phone was too big for the slot. I wanted to keep my original number and the credit with it so I asked if I could go through the activate and swap procedure which I did. I downloaded the giffgaff ap which told me how much credit I had which showed from my previous number. However my phone shows that I have giffgaff but an unknown phone number-how can that be?

Message 1 of 6
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
by: michaeldunha
on: 19/07/2018 | 19:59
Giffgaff numbers don't show up in your phone settings, have tried having someone call you?
Message 2 of 6
Highlighted
by: michaeldunha
on: 19/07/2018 | 19:59
Giffgaff numbers don't show up in your phone settings, have tried having someone call you?
Message 2 of 6
by: williamwalker
on: 19/07/2018 | 20:03

Hi @johnr71

Can't understand how your phone is saying your number Giffgaff Sims don't have a number to read off a phone.

Is it your phone or the app or wwebsite. Is giving you the info.

Personally I wouldn't use the app it's useless and they say there building another one and asking help off members.

I think that speaks loud using members because they can't do it themselves.

Can you elaborate a bit more 

Message 3 of 6
on: 19/07/2018 | 20:15
the app is on the new phone.
Message 4 of 6
by: sheppola
on: 19/07/2018 | 20:28

@johnr71

Have you tried logging out and back into the app on the new phone?

I've never had a problem with the app on Android Smiley Happy

If this post helped please click the Kudos Button and or,"Best Answer"
"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
Message 5 of 6
on: 19/07/2018 | 21:17
I called it from another phone and it worked!
Message 6 of 6