no service

Started by: windy259
On: 15/03/2019 | 09:42
Replies: 4

Go to best answer
by: windy259
on: 15/03/2019 | 09:42

Hi

Ported across my old number, cannot ring or text, all incoming calls go straight to giffgaff answer phone.  Done all the steps mentioned.

re seated sim

switched on and off

checked active goodybag

phone is definately unlocked

No reply from service agent and stuck with no mobile

Any help would be appreciated

Cheers

Message 1 of 5
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
by: uvbmike
on: 15/03/2019 | 09:47
Was the number port yesterday?
A small number of ports over-run and complete the following morning. So you could still find that your connections all return later today.
Usually delayed ports are resolved by midday so if you still don't have service after then, then there may have been a problem with your number transfer. Unfortunately if this is the case, then your only path for resolution is with the agents. They should reply to your message within 24 hours of you sending it.
If someone has answered your question to your satisfaction, please use the 'Set as Best Answer' button to set that answer as the best answer. Thank you Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 5
by: beebeer
on: 15/03/2019 | 09:43
What date did it give for transfer date? It could be in the process of transfering, try restarting your phone occasionally.
Message 2 of 5
by: uvbmike
Was the number port yesterday?
A small number of ports over-run and complete the following morning. So you could still find that your connections all return later today.
Usually delayed ports are resolved by midday so if you still don't have service after then, then there may have been a problem with your number transfer. Unfortunately if this is the case, then your only path for resolution is with the agents. They should reply to your message within 24 hours of you sending it.
If someone has answered your question to your satisfaction, please use the 'Set as Best Answer' button to set that answer as the best answer. Thank you Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 5
by: bernienatch

When I recently ported a number across for a friends' fone it did take a few hours on the day for it to be fully functional. All i can say is keep switching your fone off/on every hour and be patient, even though it is frustrating. 

Message 4 of 5
by: clikasarus
on: 15/03/2019 | 09:59

@windy259    Hi welcome to giffgaff and the community

•Ideally it takes up to 24 hours for your number to be fully transferred (from the date you've selected to transfer your number weekends not included ).

•In the mean time you can reboot your phone by turning it off and on, hopefully it should work 🤞

•After 24 hours, if you're still facing any issues while porting-in your old number on giffgaff so you need to contact giffgaff agents from here ⬇️

Transferring My Number To Giffgaff Form

•You can view agents answers here 

Agent Answers

hope this has been helpful for 👍🏻

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 5 of 5