Knowledge Base
Community

no sim showing on face

Started by: dmill06
On: 15/03/2019 | 17:34
Replies: 2

by: dmill06
on: 15/03/2019 | 17:34
i have just activated my sim I phone SE but phone is showing no sim, does that mean it is locked? Previous contract to EE.
Message 1 of 3
by: smiler121786
on: 15/03/2019 | 17:36

@dmill06wrote:

i have just activated my sim I phone SE but phone is showing no sim, does that mean it is locked? Previous contract to EE.

A No SIM message indicates the SIM cannot be read by the phone. Please do a standard SIM clean (which is just really giving the SIM card a wipe to ensure that there's no dirt on the card, being carefully not to scratch the gold chip) 

Once you have cleaned your SIM, re-insert it into your phone. If still no joy, try the SIM in another phone to rule out a faulty device. 

Still no joy? Then it sounds like the SIM is faulty and needs replacing. You can order a new SIM from your spread page here: https://giffgaff.com/orders/mgm
Alternatively, you can pick a sim up from Asda, Iceland, Tesco's or Poundland if you need the SIM in a hurry. The SIM will cost around £1.

To make life easy, giffgaff are now sending out triple SIMs which contain all 3 different sizes of SIMs in one. This means that a single SIM can be used as a standard sized SIM (Standard), a Micro SIM and a Nano SIM. Therefore, you cannot order the wrong SIM card .

Once you have the SIM perform the SIM Swap. Please follow this http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Using-giffgaff/What-is-SIM-Swap/ta-p/7320084 guide on how to perform the SIM Swap.

The SIM Swap is the process of replacing your existing SIM with a new SIM and moving your existing number, allowances etc. to a new SIM.

You can perform it anytime between 4.30am and 9.30pm and is usually is completed within 30 minutes, however during busy periods can take up to 24 hours.

During the progress please switch off your phone off/on again every 30 minutes until you regain mobile service.

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 2 of 3
Highlighted
by: smithster225225
on: 15/03/2019 | 19:39
@dmill06

Hi Smiley Happy

If your phone was previously from EE on contract, then chances are that the phone is locked to EE and a giffgaff sim wont work in that phone.

EE can possibly help you with an unlock code or if not you can take it to a phone shop or check phone unlocking services online.

A typical unlocking fee is around £20 - £30

thanks
Don't forget to AWARD BEST ANSWER Or give Kudos to members that helped!
Message 3 of 3