Community

paying monthly for phones

Started by: adz_123
On: 05/02/2015 | 14:23
Replies: 8

Go to best answer
by: adz_123
on: 05/02/2015 | 14:23
How do you pass for buying a phone monthy because ive tried but it does really say why i didnt get accepted could anyone help me out please
Message 1 of 9
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
by: mcilwraith
on: 05/02/2015 | 14:25

ratesetter never say why they refuse credit

have a look at this though

There are a number of reasons why your loan application may be rejected. Most of the time it will be based on the result of the credit check, but it can also be caused by issues with the information provided.

Make sure to always provide giffgaff with true and accurate information so we can process your request in the best possible way.

In particular, please make sure that you are providing us with:

• Your full legal name (shortened or usage names will be rejected)
• Your own bank details. No loan application will be accepted if you are giving us someone else's bank details (even if they are living at the same address)
• Your address. This must be where you live and where your card and bank account are registered. This is also the address which shows on the electoral roll. No applications will be accepted for business addresses.
• Your correct date of birth. You must be at least 18 years old. Make sure that your date of birth did not change when you scrolled down to the next field.
• it says 18 but you need 3 years credit history
Please also make sure that you have enough funds available on your card to cover the initial payment. Selecting a greater initial payment will reduce the amount you ask to borrow.

If you wish to have more information about your credit score, other companies can provide you with a credit report to help you understand your situation better and improve your credit score.

Please note that if you are already a RateSetter user your loan application may be rejected because you are using the same email address as for your existing RateSetter account. In this case, you can use a different email on giffgaff to complete your loan application and your phone purchase.

Message 4 of 9
by: giffgaffhelper32
on: 05/02/2015 | 14:24
You probably didnt meet one of the requirements...
Get a free giffgaff Sim

Message 3 of 9
by: mcilwraith
on: 05/02/2015 | 14:25

ratesetter never say why they refuse credit

have a look at this though

There are a number of reasons why your loan application may be rejected. Most of the time it will be based on the result of the credit check, but it can also be caused by issues with the information provided.

Make sure to always provide giffgaff with true and accurate information so we can process your request in the best possible way.

In particular, please make sure that you are providing us with:

• Your full legal name (shortened or usage names will be rejected)
• Your own bank details. No loan application will be accepted if you are giving us someone else's bank details (even if they are living at the same address)
• Your address. This must be where you live and where your card and bank account are registered. This is also the address which shows on the electoral roll. No applications will be accepted for business addresses.
• Your correct date of birth. You must be at least 18 years old. Make sure that your date of birth did not change when you scrolled down to the next field.
• it says 18 but you need 3 years credit history
Please also make sure that you have enough funds available on your card to cover the initial payment. Selecting a greater initial payment will reduce the amount you ask to borrow.

If you wish to have more information about your credit score, other companies can provide you with a credit report to help you understand your situation better and improve your credit score.

Please note that if you are already a RateSetter user your loan application may be rejected because you are using the same email address as for your existing RateSetter account. In this case, you can use a different email on giffgaff to complete your loan application and your phone purchase.

Message 4 of 9
by: adz_123
on: 10/02/2015 | 19:28
ive now registered on the electroll and ive just tried again to see if it would do it but now its telling me that my bank details have been typed in wrong but ive typed them exactly as they are on my card can anyone help me please
Message 5 of 9
by: shareen2006
on: 10/02/2015 | 19:29
Try another browser
Message 6 of 9
by: ians3
on: 25/04/2015 | 19:36
Having an even worse problem, I keep being refused with no reason and I have excellent credit.... How irritating is this! Now I have 3x negative scores on my credit file, I am seriously unhappy at the moment!
Message 7 of 9
by: ians3
on: 30/04/2015 | 20:10
I ended up buying a 4g phone from China, twice the spec for the same price.... Refuse me credit.... Pah
Message 8 of 9
by: hoppo1973
on: 30/04/2015 | 20:11
Try another browser
Message 9 of 9