Community

phone call history

Started by: faizmalik2013
On: 05/05/2016 | 14:46
Replies: 9

by: faizmalik2013
on: 05/05/2016 | 14:46

Hello

I need some help. I used to have a giffgaff number back in October and wanted to trace a call that was made back then to find out what date it was. I am not with giffgaff anymore and dont use my old no. anymore. Will there be a way to find this out?

Faiz

Message 1 of 10
by: scorpian1
on: 05/05/2016 | 14:54
Doutfull if you left giffgaff.
Message 2 of 10
by: farnis
on: 05/05/2016 | 14:56

I doubt you will be able to get that info.

Message 3 of 10
by: swordfish23041989
on: 05/05/2016 | 14:57
Hey Faiz,

Giffgaff can get call and text message logs for the last three months provided your number was active.

if it's not active, you can still try and get the details you need. It'll be a formal request so will cost you £10.

Contact an agent on the below link and mention you need the SAR (Subject Access Request).

https://giffgaff.com/support/ask

Cheers!
Heya Smiley Wink don't forget to mark a best answer if your issue is sorted on here!

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 4 of 10
by: lyndon16
on: 05/05/2016 | 15:31
y am I getting charged 2 fone giffgaff 2 giffgaff when it ment 2b free .......
Message 5 of 10
by: p33t3r
on: 05/05/2016 | 15:41
This is how you get your information

Unfortunately giffgaff dont provide itemised billing and if you would like to request an itemised bill, I've copied and pasted the information below, taken from giffgaff's terms and conditions, cheers .

"Due to the information you require, we feel this falls under the Data Protection Act 1998 (THE ACT) and subsequently what you're essentially asking for is a Subject Access request. This is used to request data we hold on you including your usage. This will be necessary to pull the amount of records you have requested as giffgaff are a pay as you go company and we do not provide itemised billing.

In order for us to proceed with this request we will need you to confirm the following information to ensure you are the owner of this account:

- Full name on the account

- Address on the account

- Username

- Two numbers you call or text regularly

- Date, amount and method of last Top-Up

- SIM Serial Number

This must be completed in the form of a letter and a cheque to the sum of £10.00 paid to giffgaff Ltd to our HQ address:

giffgaff,
Hertz House,
11 Vine Street,
Uxbridge,
UB8 1QE
Message 6 of 10
by: stespeed
on: 05/05/2016 | 16:11

Sometimes if you forget to delete , your Calls log it may Have your numbers stored on your phone, if like me you hardly use your phone to answer people, Memory can store Numbers, Text, Notes, but only on certain phones, i Do Hope that helps..

Stespeed

Message 7 of 10
by: faizmalik2013
on: 06/05/2016 | 21:07

Hello 

I wont be able to get hold off an agent through that link because i hae no subject option to choose for Subject access data. Plus it is asking me for the SIM number of my sim card which i do not know where to find.

Faiz

Message 8 of 10
by: nigelbrooks
on: 06/05/2016 | 21:25

@faizmalik2013

Then regretfully you will not normally be able to submit the request.

You could try sending the required data with an explanatory note stating that you no longer have the SIM.

Get a free giffgaff Sim
I donate 100% of my SIM activation payback to charity, please help me boost the donation
Message 9 of 10
Highlighted
by: davidj63
on: 06/05/2016 | 21:34 edited: 06/05/2016 | 21:35

Subject access requests have to go direct to head office, as detailed in section 7 of the Privacy Policy.

You don't have to be a customer to make one, but they do have to hold the data that you require.  My guess is that that they only hold it for six months and they may only hold it for three,  you may be too late if you want October.  They are under a legal obligation not to continue to keep personal data that they no longer need.

Message 10 of 10